Hello, I'm Carmen and I'm addicted to...

Options
Hello, I'm Carmen and I'm addicted to carbs, the really bad kind. Sugar, soda, chips, fast food, candy, cake, etc. I am really here to learn a healthier lifestyle. I did WW a couple of years ago after my daughter was born and did fairly well. After that, my family and I moved to the country of Mexico and were quickly acclimated to the very-high carb lifestyle which is very common there. I didn't find much support through WW in Mexico and quickly deactivated my account. With such a bad diet I've been experiencing a lot of fatigue, foggy-head, crankiness and headaches. After two years there, 20 lbs slowly crept back on back on and now that we are back in the US I'm trying to relearn how to make healthy food choices. We are visiting Costa Rica next month to see if we want to relocate there or back to Mexico. I found this site after Sparkpeople (too busy!!) and hope I can make a success of it now and also while out of the US. Does anyone know if this site accessible outside of the US?

Anyway, due to my addiction to carbs, I'm initially trying to limit them to around 100g a day, mainly simple carbs. Also hoping that my husband will become inspired as he has about 40 lbs he needs to lose.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Replies

• karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello Carmen, I'm Yvette and I'm addicted to fatty foods. My weakness is chinese food.
  • lowgs21
    lowgs21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Carmen! I'm also addicted to Carbs. It's what I was raised on so breaking that habit is a hard one. You can do it! I am also working on it. If you need support, I'm here with ya!

2346372.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PezAzul
    PezAzul Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello Carmen, I'm Yvette and I'm addicted to fatty foods. My weakness is chinese food.

hi Yvette! That's my sisters name. :)
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I too am am a offender. But am slowly chaning my ways... welcome to mfp. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can encourage one another on this journey.
  • geordie1alfie2
    Options
    Hello Carmen I live in the UK and use the site - I'm a newbie and hope the forum will help me get my goals
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Carmen! I can relate because I have a very addictive personality. If I were you I would set up a support group before moving anywhere new. Addiction is a behavior so if you do positive things like go to meetings, clubs, dances, church ect. It's more likely you will have an easy time staying away from carbs. GL! Kara:smile:
  • Frenchiesfries
    Options
    Hi I'm Frenchie and I'm addicted to cookies and chocolate
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Carmen, I'm Kassi and I am addicted to sweets. Ice cream, cake, cookies, any kind of chocolate....

I am working on moderation.
  • Olguitabonita
    Olguitabonita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Addicted to bread and rice...rice-o-holic....
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    I was addicted to; now I know when to use them.
  • babykitty2013
    Options
    I love carbs. I'm mainly into bread, pasta, cookies...you name it, if its a carb I'm eating it. I'm also trying to have a healthier lifestyle. Friend request has been sent.
  • babykitty2013
    Options
    I love rice too :)
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Im Rachel, and I am addicted to carbs as well, bread and pasta are my achillies heel. I also have a weakness for dairy. :happy:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    People are here from all over the world. There are some good things that you can use from either of those countries. Particuarly Mexicco. Tons of fresh tomato and corn, tomatillo and jicama. Salads and grilled foods. Good luck.
  • Bourgie
    Bourgie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Carmen, I'm Kassi and I am addicted to sweets. Ice cream, cake, cookies, any kind of chocolate....

I am working on moderation.

I'm also addicted to sweets... Especially cake.
  • PezAzul
    PezAzul Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I wish there was a "like" button on posts!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Carmen and I'm addicted to carbs, the really bad kind. Sugar, soda, chips, fast food, candy, cake, etc. I am really here to learn a healthier lifestyle. .......... Anyway, due to my addiction to carbs, I'm initially trying to limit them to around 100g a day, mainly simple carbs. Also hoping that my husband will become inspired as he has about 40 lbs he needs to lose.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Hi Carmen! Welcome to MFP. I wish you and your husband lots of success. Here's a thought.....How about instead of limiting your carbs, you limit the processed foods? Carbs are great!! Fast food, candy, cake, sugar are not. Enjoy your potatoes, veggies, grains, beans, oats, whole wheat pancakes, etc. Unless medically necessary, you don't have to cut out or limit your carbs to attain a healthy lifestyle.
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    hi! i'm addicted to pasta, and soda. but my pasta of choice is ramens! ugh, sodium...... :)
  • deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a serious problem with sweets and to a certain extent carbs.

It's been a difficult year for me, too, since I moved 400 miles away from my fiance and friends to serve a full-time internship in church ministry. The change in location and schedule led to a change in lifestyle and habits, including eating the easy foods first as well as stress eating. Bag of candy? What bag of candy? Oh, the empty one in my trash can? Cake in the fridge at church? Not anymore!

Let's both get serious about addressing our addictions. Others here have offered to help you, and I'm here to do the same. Feel free to friend me. (My name is Erin, by the way.) - Deaterrae
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Hi Carmen. I'm also addicted to pasta esp velveeta shells and cheese...nomnomnom.