1 gallon of water a day??? WHAT???

Options

Replies

• BeautifulBrownButterfly
    BeautifulBrownButterfly Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    question - so it is a fact then that if I drink so much water, I need to pee like every 15 min and I'm completely normal for this right? lol (not really joking lol)....
    i know i find myself going all day long. :-)
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would like to get to the point of drinking 1 gallon a day, but I have to know about the bathroom break part. As it stands, I have to use the restroom every 45 minutes at least. I don't know if I could leave a long meeting twice for a potty break. Do you find that your body "get used to" that much water and you can go longer without emptying your bladder?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I...I just drink water. :blushing:
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I really need to try and drink a bit more than I do.

I love water, so there is no excuse.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 120 oz a day. I typically use a 12 oz cup throughout the day.

1 cup (12 oz) when I wake up.
    1 cup when I get back from my walk/after AM exercise
    1 cup while I'm floating around getting ready for work
    2 cups (12 oz each) hot tea at work
    Fill same cup with ice water at least 2 more times at work
    That leaves 3 more cups full with dinner, watching TV, playing on the internet, before bed.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I urinate about 100X more than I used to. I'd say its normal or we are all about to die.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I too easily drink at least a gallon a day. I do the treadmill in the morning and usually drink at least 1 20 oz bottle then usually drink another before going to work. I keep a 1 liter bottle on my desk that I fill throughout the day. I usually have finished it twice before 2 p.m and started on it again. Then if I'm riding after work there's probably another liter. All in all it's very easy for me to drink a gallon and on many days a lot more. I'm not even counting what may be in my food.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sigh... Why?
    Yes I pee a lot.
    I have to use the restroom every 45 minutes at least
    i find myself going all day long
    I need to pee like every 15 min

If you are peeing a lot that means you are drinking too much water. Water may be good , but more does not always equal better. Your kidneys do a pretty good job but "flushing" them with lots of water is not necessary - in fact you may lose some water soluble nutrients.
  • SaveFileCorrupt
    SaveFileCorrupt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself of the weight of that gallon of water. Each pound of it is calorie free bodyweight that will actually equate to an extra, albeit small, caloric burn. Plus, your brain and muscles will function better, and you'll be much less likely to snack when you're full of it
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you like it, go for it, but you really don't need to force yourself--it's not necessary to drink that much:
    To replace daily losses of water, an average-sized adult with healthy kidneys sitting in a temperate climate needs no more than one liter of fluid, according to Jurgen Schnermann, a kidney physiologist at the National Institutes of Health.
    Doctors from a wide range of specialties agree: By all evidence, we are a well-hydrated nation. Furthermore, they say, the current infatuation with water as an all-purpose health potion -- tonic for the skin, key to weight loss -- is a blend of fashion and fiction and very little science.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You are a genius, thankyou for sharing. I only record the plain water I drink, but if i counted all the water from my food and cooking Id be up to a gallon too =)
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always drink at least 1 gallon of water per day. I use a 64 oz jug ($14.99 from Kohl's). 1 bottle equals the daily 8 cups recommended, but I shoot for 2 to equal a gallon.

I fill it up in the morning when I get to work and carry it with me all day, or just chug whenever I think about it. I refill in the afternoon and drink it either before i leave work or take it in the car with me. When I get home, I fill up a 32 oz bottle and use that when I workout, eat dinner, etc. Same goes for weekends at home. Sometimes I add lemon juice or green tea. Sometimes I'll drink a diet soda or coffee but I still drink water in addition, not counting those things with additives as "water". It is second nature to me. It really helps to know how many ounces your bottle holds so you can make it a point to drink the entire bottle, glass, etc. It's pretty simple and very good for you so no excuses, people!

Gotta go refill!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking pretty close to 1 gallon with just straight water but now that you mention all the other water you use for cooking and such I am most likely drinking at least 1 gallon if not more.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Easy money.
  • enitsirhck
    enitsirhck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    TMI: There is literally no better feeling on earth than feeling fat and bloated because you've been suckin down that agua, then you go take a pee and your waistband is 3 inches looser.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I always carry a gallon with me. I can finish almost a whole gallon while I'm at the gym and I typically drink around three gallons in a day. My doctor didn't find anything wrong with my bloodwork, I'm just really thirsty all the time.
  • sjr1016a
    sjr1016a Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 oz cup on my desk and drink 13 to 15 cups of water a day. The thing that helps me drink my water is drinking through a straw. I find it easier to drink that way. :-)
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I do something similar.

I have a large refillable cup from Togo's. I measured it out, and it holds 32 oz (4 cups of water). I have one at the gym, one on my way to work, a few during my work day and then at least 1 to 2 after work. I easily drink 20 to 24 cups of water a day (not including what I use in tea's, foods etc.) It goes everywhere with me. I love ice water and most restaurants, gas stations don't mind if you get ice, so I constantly add ice to it while I'm out and about running errands.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @ majope

I think we are fighting an uphill battle here :(
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    love water!! have no problems at all drinking a lot! pee womannnnnn!!! I always drink a gallon too or more than that!! :drinker: