Largest victory yet, and a first

Options
treehopper1987
treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
Today, I had my largest NSV ever. I trained for it, and I have finally completed my first marathon. :bigsmile: Okay, so it was a relay with 4 team mates that completed the length of a marathon. I chose to do the 1st leg which was 6.8 miles. I completed my leg in about 1 hour 47 minutes, and yes I walked a lot of it as well as jogged a lot of it. Thanks to 2 of my friends and co-workers for pushing me to the end, and all those spectators who made me smile, laugh, and be proud to be out there.

Me, before the race began.

xn9ml3.jpg

The view right before the race began. The first rainbow I've ever seen at dawn.

1e9etd.jpg

And, my reward, other than the mere satisfaction of completing.

303ioox.jpg

After this stepping stone... I plan on continuing to try to strive for more in this journey of mine. I have learned to respect all those that are willing to get out there rain or shine, crowds or no crowds, struggle through their pains and continue on. I will no longer call runners crazy people, but respect their motivation and determination. I will feed off the energy of others to strive to do better, myself, and who knows maybe I will inspire others as well. :wink:

Replies

• heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Also, that is a GORGEOUS view! Running is fun if only for the view, at least when you run outside. :)
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME accomplishment you should be very proud of yourself. And man we couldn't do it without the support of our friends could we?
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    That is an AWESOME accomplishment you should be very proud of yourself. And man we couldn't do it without the support of our friends could we?

I have to admit. In the beginning, I never thought I could do it. I'm very thankful for my friends for not only pushing me to finish, but finish with a faster time than my training.
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    Congratulations! Also, that is a GORGEOUS view! Running is fun if only for the view, at least when you run outside. :)

Yeah, it rained all night, and stopped soon before the start of the race at dawn. I couldn't have asked for anything to be better, other than the rain to hold of for those that were after me in the race (since it began raining again).
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Holls1969
    Holls1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job!!! I live in Cincinnati area :) That is neat you had a team who did a relay type thing I didn't know you could do that!
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thats great, relays look fun. I was at the pig cheering people on today. You did a little more than a 10k today. That means you can do the turkey trot on thanksgiving, its a 10k.I have been doing that the last five years. It is lots of fun and hope you run that one too. Keep it up and good luck to you.
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    Thats great, relays look fun. I was at the pig cheering people on today. You did a little more than a 10k today. That means you can do the turkey trot on thanksgiving, its a 10k.I have been doing that the last five years. It is lots of fun and hope you run that one too. Keep it up and good luck to you.

I had a goal of being able to do a 5k earlier this year... now I have no excuse haha

Thanks for the cheering! I never realized how random people you don't know could make you feel better and keep going. It was very appreciated :happy:
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    Great job!!! I live in Cincinnati area :) That is neat you had a team who did a relay type thing I didn't know you could do that!

Yeah, I think it is a great start to work up to the half (which I'm thinking for next year). I had a few co-workers/friends that did the first leg with me so that we could motivate each other.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment!!
  • treehopper1987
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment!!

Thank you!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I ran the Flying Pig Half yesterday. Congratulations on your accomplishment - that was a TOUGH course!!!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    how WONDERFUL! you did gret!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    how WONDERFUL! you did great!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congrats, quite an accomplishment. I did not know you could do the Flying Pig in relay format. Pretty cool.
  • divaford140
    divaford140 Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! I love victory stories - lolol!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Keep up the good work, definitely more than I can do!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats and lurve the rainbow!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    GoGranny.gif

You go, girl !
  • Natis01
    Natis01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job! Very happy for you and the view is beautiful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!