Mother's Day Plans?

Options
iAMsmiling
iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
Taking the wife and kids to Sedona, AZ for the weekend (RV). Bought her a new Kindle Paperwhite since she wore her old one out.

(Both of our mother's have passed, so she's the only mother I need worry about anymore.)

Anyone else planning on something special for a Mom?

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure this one out. We both love to spend time with our moms, but I'm a Mom too. So not really sure. I'm thinking of just spending the day with my kids at the zoo or something...
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a dinner for my Mom and Grandma on Saturday. I told my husband that all I want for Mother's Day is for us to finish the backyard renovation sometime this month so it's pretty for this summer. I'm hoping that will work to get him motivated :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm making quiche, cinnamon rolls, fruit, etc. for my mom, sister-in-law, their spouses/kids, my boy.... and myself. Mother's Day when you have no spouse is what it is *LOL*
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Visiting the outlaws...I mean, inlaws.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    buy a night of [rhymes with vex] with the wife.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    GETTING NEW SHOES
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    taking mom to Trek Into Darkness and then out to dinner.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Color Run that morning (which my Mom will NOT even know about.....since her way of "supporting" me in this kind of thing is...shall we say....not very motivating...).

So my parents are coming over in the afternoon. Mom and I will plant potatoes in containers (we do this every year on Mother's Day), then I will make them a nice dinner (bfast for dinner....including cinnamon rolls with sprinkles and a cake batter glaze.....it is her bday that day, too). Also, i made her a cookbook using some of my best food photos.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    all going over to my grandmas to enjoy some lovely Maryland blue crabs and of course, beer.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I am just now beginning to start dropping hints that a gift certificate for a new guitar would really rock....

:smile: