8 weeks in...whew hew!!!

Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Today marks 8 weeks on MFP. I've stuck to the principles of the plan and have lost 13 lbs. That is an average of 1.625 lbs per week. My goal was 1.5 lbs per week so I exceeded the goal. I had weeks were I didn't lose any, I had weeks were I lost a smidge and I had weeks were I lost big. I also had really good days and really bad days (dang Giradhelli chocolate). The point I'm making is this works!!! Just stick with it, don't let one bad meal, one bad day or one bad week throw you off track. Get back on the horse and do it for yourself. I feel awesome and I've made some wonderful supportive buddies. I couldn't do it without my MFP pals.

Replies

• beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Well done !
    You have done really well - all of us here knows how hard it can be to really stick at it. I'm only on week 2 of really going by the 'rules' and it's great to see someone only a few weeks ahead of me and the results paying off already.

GO YOU!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    That is great! Your attitude is great too! It is very easy to quit if we look at small failures instead of the big payoff.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Thatta girl! All you have to do is want it!!

L
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    That is great!! :flowerforyou: And I'm sure by losing it that way (slow, but steady), you will keep it off!
  • Amandac6772
    That is great!! :flowerforyou: And I'm sure by losing it that way (slow, but steady), you will keep it off!

I hope so...I really don't want to go back up again...just because each time gets harder and harder to get it off...there was a time when I could lose 13 lbs in a few weeks...now it takes 2 months. Still need to work on making my diet healthier...have tons of room for improvement there.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    congrats you have the attitude of a healthy new person. Don't beat yourself up about things..and then just say screw it I might as well just keep eating like crap because I had one chocolate...nope this is real life and making the right choices most of the time is what really makes the big long term difference and a positive attitude is 99% of the battle!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Amen! I know that's why people fail so much on diets. They binge and give up. If you mess up, just get right back on that horse. It's so worth it in the end!
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats on reach the 8 week mark! You are doing AMAZING! In losing bit by bit you are making permanent lifestyle changes.
  • Amandac6772
    It really hasn't felt like a diet, it is a lifestyle change...I'm eating all the things I ate before just in the right quantities. Once in a while I'll get really hungry but not often. Usually and I don't know if anyone else notices this but the days I'm really hungry, I'll have a lose the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!