Hi I'm Cheryl and I'm sorta new :)

Options
cheryl1586
cheryl1586 Posts: 10 Member
Hi guys,

I joined MFP sometime last year but was not serious enough about weighloss so I never followed up. Well, now I'm back and am determined to get on the right path to losing weight! :)

I'm 27 years old 5'3 and weigh about 185 lbs(my highest ever). I've always been around 135-145 lbs but I was at my lowest in about 2008 when I weighed about 125 lbs and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be back at that weight. I wasn't in shape in any way but I want to be the size i was back then and be fit and live an active life.

I'm not sure what happened that I just started to go overboard with putting alsolute crap in my body. I'm not a cook and working over 40 hrs a week and being a part time student, most days it was just easier to go to McDonald's or order from Pizza Hut. Now it definitely shows on my body. I'm embarrassed and ashamed and hate to see in the mirror what I've made of myself.

I would love some support and some friends to keep me motivated and my head in the game.

Thank you guys!

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    What you need is a plan.
    What is your exercise plan?
    How are you going to eat better?
    Wake up and think how can I be fitter today and before you eat something think
    is this the fuel my body needs.
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. Feel free to add me ... I have been with MFP since Jan 2013 and have only missed the occasional day now and then. I've lost over 20 lbs (I will update Thursday) and actually hit the famous plateau the first part of March and have been fighting that battle until this week when I am starting to see some new downward progress, so I can tell you all about those challenges.

I will be more than happy to help keep you motivated and moving in the right direction!

Tom
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy to help and share my diary and inspiration...... I too am of the vertically challenged kind, but have lost 40lbs and kept it off. Now into getting my fitness levels into action, I've been doing it all along but now I've upped it from walking to jogging/running. The outdoors is my gym.
    Feel free to add me.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to ad me.
  • rachaelbmh
    rachaelbmh Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi Cheryl - plan to set one or two small goals each week and see how you do. I'd really encourage you to get into the kitchen and learn how to make even some very simple recipes (even ones that don't involve cooking at first). Your kitchen will be your best friend when it comes to making changes in your body.