1 gallon of water a day??? WHAT???

2»

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    You are a genius, thankyou for sharing. I only record the plain water I drink, but if i counted all the water from my food and cooking Id be up to a gallon too =)
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    I always drink at least 1 gallon of water per day. I use a 64 oz jug ($14.99 from Kohl's). 1 bottle equals the daily 8 cups recommended, but I shoot for 2 to equal a gallon.

I fill it up in the morning when I get to work and carry it with me all day, or just chug whenever I think about it. I refill in the afternoon and drink it either before i leave work or take it in the car with me. When I get home, I fill up a 32 oz bottle and use that when I workout, eat dinner, etc. Same goes for weekends at home. Sometimes I add lemon juice or green tea. Sometimes I'll drink a diet soda or coffee but I still drink water in addition, not counting those things with additives as "water". It is second nature to me. It really helps to know how many ounces your bottle holds so you can make it a point to drink the entire bottle, glass, etc. It's pretty simple and very good for you so no excuses, people!

Gotta go refill!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    I have been drinking pretty close to 1 gallon with just straight water but now that you mention all the other water you use for cooking and such I am most likely drinking at least 1 gallon if not more.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Easy money.
  • enitsirhck
    enitsirhck Posts: 36 Member
    TMI: There is literally no better feeling on earth than feeling fat and bloated because you've been suckin down that agua, then you go take a pee and your waistband is 3 inches looser.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    I always carry a gallon with me. I can finish almost a whole gallon while I'm at the gym and I typically drink around three gallons in a day. My doctor didn't find anything wrong with my bloodwork, I'm just really thirsty all the time.
  • sjr1016a
    sjr1016a Posts: 39 Member
    I have a 16 oz cup on my desk and drink 13 to 15 cups of water a day. The thing that helps me drink my water is drinking through a straw. I find it easier to drink that way. :-)
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    I do something similar.

I have a large refillable cup from Togo's. I measured it out, and it holds 32 oz (4 cups of water). I have one at the gym, one on my way to work, a few during my work day and then at least 1 to 2 after work. I easily drink 20 to 24 cups of water a day (not including what I use in tea's, foods etc.) It goes everywhere with me. I love ice water and most restaurants, gas stations don't mind if you get ice, so I constantly add ice to it while I'm out and about running errands.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    @ majope

I think we are fighting an uphill battle here :(
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    love water!! have no problems at all drinking a lot! pee womannnnnn!!! I always drink a gallon too or more than that!! :drinker:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    @ majope

I think we are fighting an uphill battle here :(
    Hey, we tried.
  • Poppiefresh
    Poppiefresh Posts: 8 Member
    You do pee a lot for the first few weeks, but I found that my body adjusted to the increased fluid intake and I didn't have to pee as often.

I do pee a larger volume when I go!

I fill a Rubbermaid 1 gallon pitcher on my desk at work and carry a large Tervis cup with me everywhere. I fill with room temperature water (squirt in a little MIO) and drink with a straw.

I find room temp and using a straw keeps it going down much faster!
  • xbted
    xbted Posts: 41 Member
    I drink a gallon by breakfast... but it has coffee in it!!!
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    I drink about a gallon a day, since I started taking creatine again I actually started urinating less which tells me the creatine is doing its job :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    I definitely hit more than a gallon on most days. I have found using a sport top for some reason helps :/ Weird but it works for me..oh and the peeing..ya I stock up on TP LOL
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    I drink about a gallon a day, since I started taking creatine again I actually started urinating less which tells me the creatine is doing its job :)

why yes it is!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Sigh... Why?
    Yes I pee a lot.
    I have to use the restroom every 45 minutes at least
    i find myself going all day long
    I need to pee like every 15 min

If you are peeing a lot that means you are drinking too much water. Water may be good , but more does not always equal better. Your kidneys do a pretty good job but "flushing" them with lots of water is not necessary - in fact you may lose some water soluble nutrients.

peeing a lot is a good thing.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    I easily drink 1.5 gallons of water per day...but, on the DOWNSIDE, I am in the bathroom ever 15 minutes. My employer is probably wondering if I am doing drugs in the bathroom or something!~ :noway:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    I easily drink 1.5 gallons of water per day...but, on the DOWNSIDE, I am in the bathroom ever 15 minutes. My employer is probably wondering if I am doing drugs in the bathroom or something!~ :noway:
    Start peeing with the door open. If possible, maintain eye contact while peeing.