Summer time is killing me!!

Options
So I am so annoyed with the scale going up and down, down and up! Summer has not been good for me so far :frown: Lots of cookouts and parties and no real schedule to speak of, plus it has been so hot and humid here lately I can barely get outside for any exercise, so discouraging:grumble: I am hoping to go all out today, the weather is much dryer and I will make sure I pick up the pace on my water intake cause I slacked yesterday:embarassed: Hope my summer weight loss starts to pick up soon!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay inside to exercise, how about getting some workout DVDs? I do a workout DVD 5 days a week and it works great. My apartment is all nice and air conditioned so no excuses there. I've been doing Chalean Extreme, but I also have some Biggest Loser/Jillian Michaels DVDs that I love. At least you can get in 30-45 minutes of exercise when it's too hot to go outside.
  • jeanniebean
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I know how you feel about the weather. My answer. Leslie Sansone. One mile walk and 2 mile walk DVD. It sure does work.:
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go swimming? It'll keep you cool and usually it's not too expensive (£1.50 a session where I am)
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Go swimming? It'll keep you cool and usually it's not too expensive (£1.50 a session where I am)
    I love to swim and my inlaws have a pool so I try to get over there as often as I can!!
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I know how you feel about the weather. My answer. Leslie Sansone. One mile walk and 2 mile walk DVD. It sure does work.:
    I actually have those DVDs!!
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    If you want to stay inside to exercise, how about getting some workout DVDs? I do a workout DVD 5 days a week and it works great. My apartment is all nice and air conditioned so no excuses there. I've been doing Chalean Extreme, but I also have some Biggest Loser/Jillian Michaels DVDs that I love. At least you can get in 30-45 minutes of exercise when it's too hot to go outside.
    I do workout inside I have the Biggest Loser DVDs and I do Tae Bo as well, but I'm trying to train to do my first 5K on 9/11 and so I really need to be able to get outside instead of just my treadmill all the time!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. Keep drinking lots of water and I have found I prefer to work out inside using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for just 20 minutes! Try to plan ahead for those cookouts!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have you tried working out in the early morning? I'm training for a half marathon in October and do my daily runs at 5:30 in the morning, while the air is still cool.
  • shellee9tj
    Options
    Have you tried working out in the early morning? I'm training for a half marathon in October and do my daily runs at 5:30 in the morning, while the air is still cool.
    I would love to go out early in the morning but my husband works two jobs so I home by myself with my little ones so it can't happen :frown:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My hubbie goes out of town a lot so have the little ones with me too but ClubFitness has childcare while you work out and only 15/month. Could try to find something like that around you.