New and looking for motivation =)

Options
I am 27 and about 1 year ago I weighed about 210 (And that's the last time I got on the scale- I refused to get on after that).

I've been very slowly losing weight and right now I am 167. My goal weight is 145-150 and I want to be fit. I am getting married in 6 months and I feel stuck where I am and I seem to be yo-yoing a bit right now.

As of today, my fiance has finally given in to my constant begging to change his lifestyle- He is about 60 lbs overweight. Now I have to be the example and not give in to my cravings and occasional urge to give in!

I'm just looking for some friends who will talk me out of cheating and keep me motivated =)

Thanks!

Replies

• pkingfox
    pkingfox Posts: 25
    Options
    I so understand your wanting to "cheat"....I am fighting that feeling right now myself.....not sure what I want just want something oooeyyy gooeeeyyyy and thats so hard.....I would love to "hang in there" with you......please shoot me a friend msg!
    Patti
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Is your fiance on MFP also? I think it's awesome that both of you are trying to get fit! Definitely helps all around. I've been on for a little over 2 weeks and the constant support from my friend list keeps me focused.
  • jennyrocks1975
    Options
    Im going through the same thing right now! I have a lot of weight to loose and its going slowly but its going. But those sweet cravings just get to me, but I learned a few tools to help with these cravings.
    If I want that chocolate bar i allow myself to have it! But only in my mind. I close my eyes and visualize myself eating eat from the very first bite until the very last . I imagine how it taste and the creaminess of it. but then i visualize the amount of extra exercise im going to have to do to work off that candy bar and its just not worth it. We are already working hard why put more stress on ourselves :) hope that helps

~ Jennifer