"Double" Breakfast/Pre-Gym Food

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing fine. I'd be starving at 9 if I had breakfast at 6am too. You're probably eating less at night to make up for it. I know when I eat a lot in the morning, I'm not as hungry at night. Or you could save up some calories by having a protein shake or bar after your workout.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nuts! I especially love almonds. Yes they are high in fat, but it's good healthy fat. I don't know why buy a small amount of almonds can stave off hunger for me, and I am talking like 8 almonds. But a 1oz serving (24 almonds) is only 160 calories. I carry a container in my purse, and it keeps me from buying snacks when standing in line or stopping at a drive thru.

I think 8 almonds would make me really angry...I could eat the entire 8oz canister and still be hungry. I've never understood this one.

Me too! I never understand the nuts as a filling snack suggestion, they are just to high in calories for to few to be satisfying!
    I guess we are all different, but they work for me. I never did say that they were filling..... but that I know for me that eating just a few will make the hunger pangs stop.... completely go away. I like that, because I hate feeling hungry.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    sorry I didn't get to read them all so hopefully there won't be a lot of repeats:

banana w/ tbsp of peanut butter
    low sugar grape jelly w/ toast (I use whole grain bread)
    a baked sweet potato
    a bowl of oatmeal
    a protein shake
    quinoa
    a baked apple, tsp of brown sugar
    egg white & spinach omelet
    a bowl of healthy cereal / FF milk
    a slice of cheese w 4 crackers
    a fruit & veggie smoothie
    a V8