Newbie hello

Options
Hi. I'm Katie, and I started using Myfitnesspal last week - started last Monday and so I guess today if my first-week... anniversary...? However that works.

This was suggested to me on another online forum I frequent when I told them about the problems I've been having with my weight. I have tried twice in two years to do the C25K and got shin splints which forced me to quit both times. I was frustrated, I'm at my highest weight, and I wanted to CHANGE something.

Myfitnesspal was suggested, and actually I am really enjoying it. ESPECIALLY the Recipes section! I cook basically all non-packaged foods so being able to put in "1 large yellow onion, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 can black beans" etc, etc is really really helpful.

I was thinking portion control was my main problem - that nad being mostly sedentary, and I think Myfitnesspal is bearing that out. I've started walking more. I'm trying to walk at least a mile on my lunch break, but if I am walking briskly I can fit in two on good weather days. My only frustration is when the weather gets nasty; I have a hard time convincing myself to do anything inside (too many distractions) and we can't really afford a gym membership right now.

I weighed myself at 215 a couple of weeks ago, freaked out, and I'm already a few pounds down so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'd like to get down to 150-160ish. Anywhere in there is fine, honestly. That's the weight I was last at where I felt the best about myself. I'm more interested really in just being more physically FIT.

So hi!

Replies

• USTMER
    USTMER Posts: 3
    Options
    hi Katie!

I'm merly and i also want to lose 50ish pounds! best of lucks! we can and will do this!

-merly
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to make a change : ). Feel free to add me, I log daily and like having new and active friends : )
  • SpiceInTraining
    Options
    Hey I just started today so this time next week i'll be where you are now. I'm happy to be here and ready to change my life