Anyone out there who actually offers support?

Options

Replies

• ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Refined_by_Fire
    Refined_by_Fire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will, I always try to encourage and support my friends. Add me if you want. :smile:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone), but I do look at logs (if they're open) and will make comments on them. If you want someone to just say "Good job" when you're under goal, but it's because you ate 3 cheeseburgers and that's it, I'm not for you. But I do try and be supportive and encouraging. :D
  • gonto1067
    gonto1067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on daily and could offer as well as receive some encouragement. I've lost about 40 pounds since November and am looking to lose another 30, so we can help each other get there!!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You're mose welcome to add me. I log every day and comment on people's posts where I can. Support is so wonderful to help ease the journey to better our health.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I might give a "Good job!" or two, but ultimately I am not that supportive. But if you have questions, I am always willing to answer. I like the sound of my own opinion.
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm a daily logger! Been here for almost 7 weeks now! Love supportive friends and offering what little knowledge I have and being 100% supportive!! =]
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    I am a lot older that you are but we are the same height. I have been maintaining 125 pounds for about a year and a half after losing thirty pounds. I know exactly what you mean about deciding your goal weight as you go. I was originally aiming for 135 but when I got there I wasn't happy.
    Always happy for new friends.
  • tbatteate
    tbatteate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'll send you a friend request, I'm looking for the same~

No rude critical remarks here! I was dummed out to see so many in some of my topics, not what i signed up for. Happy to see someone who wants to cheer each other on! :bigsmile:
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    You can add me. I've been doing this since January (after stopping for a bit before that) and I've logged for over 50 days in a row! (Non-scale victory) I do my best to be constructive and helpful.
  • tbatteate
    tbatteate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :happy: Awesome! I'm sending you one too
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

^^ It's a trap. Don't look! You've been warned . . .
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion, you're a lot more likely to develop the FL you want if you add people to it slowly, as you find them in the forums...and even then, you may have to trim some where you guessed wrong. Look for people who you can relate to, who speak in a manner that you like, and send them a FR. Trying to add all of them at once with a "hey everyone please add me for support" forum post generally doesn't end well.

Anyhow, good luck on your quest...

...and just so we're clear, I'm probably a horrible candidate for you FL. My type of "support" is subtle at best.

:flowerforyou:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I have some great friends on here! Add me if you want!
  • Blegg30
    Blegg30 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24 and have about 45 pounds to lose. I log in daily. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • hjwidz
    hjwidz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey also need support. trying really hard and not moving an inch really!! infact today at work someone suggested i was a little old to be expecting!!! two insults in one i am 45 but really !! and expecting so I'm old and fat. I started at170 now 10 days later only 167???? started biking not every day butone to 2 times a week for 3-4 hour 6-14 miles. No deserts no candy logging everything little drinks....... now what?
  • mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Love having new MFP friends who support each other!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Not me, but the people on my FL are extremely motivating and supporting. PM me for details and recommendations.

:angry:
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Mel, I'm 5"7 and 150lbs. I started at 182lbs and I'm aiming for 135lbs.
    I log daily and always try to support and encourage all of my friends :)
    I'm always happy to add new friends :flowerforyou: