is this true?

Options
I have a BMR of 2419.15, so does that mean if I ate 1500 calories a day I'd naturally burn around 919 calories?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    no. If you eat below your BMR your body will end up with metabolic and hormonal damage. Calculate your TDEE and eat at a reasonable deficit from that number.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your question.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking this again?
  • TheGreat0ne
    TheGreat0ne Posts: 11
    Options
    how will i cause damage? makes no sence at all.. if they say my bmr is 2400 an that my calories per day should be no more then 1500 if im on a diet then how so? ive been told by a legit question answer on diet on yahoo answer with over 75 % questions right that he said i would burn off the 900.. but he said no need to i can eat all my bmr an just excersice to burn weight.
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 2400, I am guessing you are pretty big, so it is okay to eat 1500 calories. You will lose weight pretty fast. Once you get down to a lower weight though, you should eat at least BMR to prevent unbearable hunger and your body to go in starvation mode.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    naturally burn????????????????????????? no
    u exercise your butt off thats how u burn caleries
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 2400, I am guessing you are pretty big, so it is okay to eat 1500 calories. You will lose weight pretty fast. Once you get down to a lower weight though, you should eat at least BMR to prevent unbearable hunger and your body to go in starvation mode.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I suspect that that is your TDEE, not BMR. And if so, 2400-20%=1920. So that's where you should start. Having said that, you need to do your own homework. Look up TDEE and BMR learn what they are and how to calculate them. Lots of good info here, use the search button, it is your friend.
  • TheGreat0ne
    TheGreat0ne Posts: 11
    Options
    tdee wth is a tdee? well i looked up my tdee is 2902... but i thought bmr is what matter? because bmr is the number of calories you burn per day but doing nothing..