Phillips Milk of Magnesia - Cherry Flavored??

Options
I want off my diet last night for the first time in months and now I feel sick.. how bad is Phillips Milk of Magnesia - Cherry Flavored for me?? I need something fast to get this out of my system

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I don't think a laxative is necessary.. we all slip up.

Drink extra water today, eat what you normally do, and your body will take care of the rest.
  • johnathansmith1969
    Options
    but I am in pain
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Uuuugh that stuff is awful!a spoonfull wont do much harm,do you really need it?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    but I am in pain

What kind of pain? I would think an antacid, such as Tums, would be better if you are talking about stomach pain or heartburn.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    It isn't horrible...it's better than the mint flavor, that's for sure. You'd have to stay near a toilet because it might loosen you up quite a bit.

How about having a nice cup of coffee instead? That usually moves things along. Cilantro is also great for digestion, as are apples, pears, oranges and grapefruits (because of the fiber).

ETA: Also green leafy veggies.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Mentally or physically? If you at too much last night any damage is already done so man up instead of acting like an anorexic teenage girl.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Mentally or physically? If you at too much last night any damage is already done so man up instead of acting like an anorexic teenage girl.

I take it OP is in physical pain...an upset stomach and probably some intestinal cramping. The same thing happens to a lot of people when they eat something that doesn't agree with them anymore. I don't blame OP for wanting some relief.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    A 44 year old man posted this? Wow.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I take it OP is in physical pain...an upset stomach and probably some intestinal cramping. The same thing happens to a lot of people when they eat something that doesn't agree with them anymore. I don't blame OP for wanting some relief.

Either do I, but a laxative is not the answer..unless you are constipated.

Also in his OP, he said that he feels sick.. then added the in pain part after he didn't get the answer he wanted.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If you're in physical pain, try starting with a big cup of coffee. Black. Let it cool so you can just chug it and drink about 12-16 ounces or so. Then sit quietly at your desk (being upright helps). Give it a couple hours before you try anything else. Coffee works great and it's a lot gentler than other laxatives.