Trying Again

Options
I was on here a few months ago and was doing really good. Lost almost 15 pounds then fell off the wagon and got ran over by it too!! :) I am back and refuse to quit this time. I have to do it for my health and my kids! I am in Kentucky and really hoping for success this time around! If anyone wants to be friends on here and help keep each other motivated please send me a message!! I need all the motivation and support I can get! Love meeting new people from all over!

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Analyze the reasons that you quit the first time so that you can devise a plan that you can maintain. Was it too restrictive? Did it not allow for social events? Did it take a lot of time? Were you hungry all the time?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Refuse to quit? This is a lifestyle change, there's nothing to quit when you do that! Just remember that we're all human, and if you have a bad day of eating, so what, that was one day out of your entire life, just keep doing the best you can. :)

Feel free to send me a FR, but I do look at diaries, and I will comment if something seems off.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm trying again too. Yay for keeping in the fight!!
  • fat2fabby58
    Options
    I'm right there with you.. I joined a year ago and was doing great... started losing, able to fit into my clothes without the bulges and feeling great. Then my husband was diagnosed with cancer and had a kidney removed last summer. Everything went down the drain. I went on an eating binge, trying to replace my saddness and fear with food. I gained back the 18 pounds I had lost and added more to it. Although he still has cancer, he is responding well to treatment and is doing as well as can be expected. The cancer has spread from his kidney to his left lung, but the tumors have skrunk and reduced by 30% since he began his chemo. I realized that it was time for me to get back to taking care of me before my health deteriorates to a point that I can not recover. I am 9 years older than my husband and facing normal changes of a 50+ aged female. If not now, then when? This is my time to take charge of me again. So, I'm back on the wagon and determined to make it right for me. Count me in.... we will support each other in our attempt to regain a healthy, happy lifestyle. (I'm in Oklahoma, but long distance friendships are okay for support too!):flowerforyou:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    One day at a time...often 1 second at a time.....the more I am able to log 'good' days the stronger and more empowered I feel. Start small.....baby steps...this is a lifestyle change not a diet.......start walking 15-30 minutes a day......it doesnt have to be all brussel sprouts and tofu lol...(2 things I will NEVER EVER EVER EAT REGARDLESS LOL).....just tell yourself that for TODAY ONLY I will choose to eat better than I did yesterday....thats alll.....and maybe tell yourself to drink more water....easy peasy....baby steps......
    Friend me....would love to be on this journey together.....MOST OF US ARE IN THE SAME BOAT WHETHER WE ADMIT IT OR NOT!!!!!
    XOXO
    Kathey
  • sillysilv33
    sillysilv33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristie,
    My name is Sylvia, I am here again also. I am determined and focus. I would love for you to be my added to my friend list for motivation.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You aren't "Trying Again" You are "Doing it Again"...

The wagon didn't run over you....it doesn't move. It waits there patienty for you to hop back on it. Hold on with both hands this time, so as it gets going you don't accidently lose your grip.

I wish you nothing but success. Past doesn't matter, the present is already here!
  • KristieH79
    KristieH79 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am taking it one day at a time! I gotta do this for me and my kids! Thanks for all the kind words and support!
  • mamaherf
    mamaherf Posts: 3
    Options
    Please add me I would love to be held accountable Cindy need to lose 74
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have been there, myself included. There has to be a time to stop the restarts though...make this time around count. I lost 80 pounds when I was about 18 and I eventually gained it all back and then some. Been working my way back for a while now...im here at 23 years old, and know this is it. No more BS restarts, no more excuses. The final stand!

im getting it done and will be done with being over 300 pounds forever this time around. Take advantage and get the weight down while you still have the energy, age, and abillity...losing is only half the battle, you must maintain once you get there, so keep that in mind.