if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't consume it

Options

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    FYI, erythritol is a sugar alcohol used with stevia, the plant leaf based sweetener. Stevia's easier to say. Doesn't make it any more or less healthy... Just do some research when you run across things like that.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm a chemist. Are you saying that because I can pronounce all the chemicals I use I should be okay eating them??
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Luckily, my pronunciation is pretty damn spot on.

Give all your chemicals to me. OM NOM NOM NOM.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I couldn't pronounce quinoa until around a year ago. I pronounced it "quin-oa" and it's pronounced "keen-wa". Does that mean that it wasn't healthy for me until I learned how to pronounce it?

No.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    problem: if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't consume it

solution: expand your vocabulary. buy a dictionary. read more books.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    no one would EVER eat Worcestershire sauce AGAIN!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I couldn't pronounce quinoa until around a year ago. I pronounced it "quin-oa" and it's pronounced "keen-wa". Does that mean that it wasn't healthy for me until I learned how to pronounce it?

No.
    Is that really how it's said? :/
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I love saying this, but then I have a science degree....so I read labels like I'm reading Dr. Suess.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

No.
    Is that really how it's said? :/

ha ha I was pronouncing is Quin-No-Ah for years til someone told me.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Both erythritol and xylitol are naturally occurring compounds found in fruits and some vegetables. They are considered better for diabetics than sugar because they don't cause insulin spikes. In the end it's your decision but I would be cautious with xylitol as it can cause digestive issues.

If people avoided ingredients they can't pronouce Subway would be thrown from it's "healthy" pedestal. How do you say azodicarbonamide?

And no, erythritol is not Stevia; it is sometimes added to products like Truvia because it's better for baking.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't eat Polish food....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The “Nutrition Almanac” by Lavon J. Dunne gives us further nutritional information on the apple. In one medium apple weighing about five ounces we find the following constituents of vitamins and minerals; Vitamin A, B1, B2, and B6, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Folic acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Pottassium, Selenium, Sodium, and Zinc. The fats in the apple contain no cholesterol. Instead they are a blend of lipids, saturated, unsaturated and monounsaturated fats. In addition to fats the apple contains the other macronutrients of proteins, and carbohydrates. Other phytochemicals include; Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lycine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Argenine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, and Serine. Trace amounts of Boron and Cobalt are found in apples.
    :laugh:

All of those grammatical mistakes are tearing me apart! :sad:
    I see two semicolons that should be colons. Otherwise, the grammar is correct, though use of passive voice in the last sentence grates a bit.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

No.

This was the word I was going to say! Good ole quinoa!!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

I see two semicolons that should be colons. Otherwise, the grammar is correct, though use of passive voice in the last sentence grates a bit.

science is a really annoying language to speak and write in...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    "I can pronounce 'rat droppings'. It does not mean I want to eat them."
    Remo-Williams1.png
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    come at me bro with organic chemistry nomenclature...

I can eat anything I guess

^^ this, with a family made up of a bio chemist, 2 microbiologists and a nuclear physicist we could eat anything :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ugh, acai still gets me everytime.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    So that means there are a TON of people who wouldn't eat any kind of ethnic food. Don't think this makes much sense.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Upon further review in a closed session, we have found that this rule is discriminatory against those with speech impediments as well as those who are mute or deaf.