Worst first date ever - Do you agree?

Options
Thought I would let you know about the worst date I have ever had, and see if you all agree this is bad....

I had arranged to meet a guy on Sunday afternoon for a date, we had agreed earlier in the week since I was making a 80 mile round trip and unable to have a drink that the date would be on him. A fair trade considering I was on tap water all night and we were only having a drink....

So I meet him, he's an average looking chap but instantly started with "I am really intelligent I just dont apply myself", which lets be honest is nothing to brag about (I would say most people would be classed as intelligent IF they applied themselves?) We make it to the first bar and he says "get the first round in, I am just off to the loo. I will have a whiskey and coke".

He then talked AT me for the best part of 1 hour, I managed to get 4 words in in total. I put this down to the fact maybe he was a bit nervous? So let that slide....

Go to the second place and he waltzed in, the door literally slammed in my face.... He gets the next drinks in (really he is only paying for his though as tap water is free)...

After he has chugged down that whisky he said "your turn next" :-O I then stated I think it's time for me to leave. He walked me to my car (as I had no idea where to find it), grabbed me, gave me the worst kiss of my life....Then to top it all off, grabbed my boob....I told him no one gave him the ok to either kiss me or grab my breast and did a rather indignant walk back to my car....

So later on at home, I get a message from him saying "great first date right?".

This is mental right guys? This isnt the state of the dating world today is it???

Replies

• SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if this is the dating world today, but I hope you texted him back and said, "No and I don't care to repeat it." UGH!

If it makes you feel better my worst date was ages ago... but he spent the evening telling me my mother is 'soo hottttt!' -Ewwww!
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Now you're just making us all jealous!
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Evidently he doesn't apply himself to being a good date either. What a piece of work. I wouldn't bother to respond to his text. If he is as smart as he thinks he will figure it out.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thats hideous!

oxoxoxo
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I imagine he was being sarcastic in that message? lol
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No! :noway: This is not what the dating world is like! What he did to you (inappropriate touching and forced kissing) is classified as sexual assault under law and is a statutory offence in the U.S., Canada, & U.K. You have a right to take action against him. You deserve far better than him. No woman should have to experience crap like this.
  • FitnessCharl
    FitnessCharl Posts: 166
    Options
    Never again....I am getting 20 cats and committing to a life of spinster-hood.....
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    He's a tool...doesn't make them all tools. For what its worth, I would NEVER drive 80 miles to meet a guy. If he wants to meet he could do the driving...and then we'll go from there. If it works, then we share it...but honestly...even in my podunk town I managed to find someone I wanted to be with....course he *****es about a 35 mile drive...<eye roll>
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Sorry aboutyour terrible experience, but it did make for good lunch reading :flowerforyou:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Never again....I am getting 20 cats and committing to a life of spinster-hood.....

Cats are better than boyfriends, anyway!

Edit: HAHA I just realised my profile picture is me holding a cat. Now I really do look like a crazy cat lady.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You should have introduced his groin to your knee.

But that's just me
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a step up from that date. Geez. I wouldn't even bother to respond. He is TOTALLY mental.
  • Flipflops2004
    Flipflops2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is AWFUL!!! My FIRST date back into the dating world in FIVE years...I met a guy offline...we had talked 2 weeks on the phone..he seemed GREAT, handsome, good job, good father...and we went on the date to a movie .... then he says..
    oh
    im still married, were just taking a break.
    WHAT
    THE
    HELL

I FINALLY get back to my car and He says...SO....call you tomorrow while im at work? I cant really call you after 6 bc i still live with my wife.
    If I had a pistol...
    I would be serving 15 to life... LOL
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    *snort*... At least he didn't spend the entire time telling you that you have an "ickle nosey" (what?) and telling you about the various things he used to insert into his ex-girlfriend. But yeah, yours was bad too.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I've had worse.
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey he turned up.. I'm usually sat at the bar waiting for a another no show :(

BUT it sounds a lot better than your date! LOL
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options

You should tell him this :bigsmile:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Cats are better than boyfriends, anyway!

Edit: HAHA I just realised my profile picture is me holding a cat. Now I really do look like a crazy cat lady.

35626923_5416.jpg

Why do I get the idea that there are about 4 other cats running around your feet as you read this? Be honest. There are more than just one correct?
  • FitnessCharl
    FitnessCharl Posts: 166
    Options
    He's a tool...doesn't make them all tools. For what its worth, I would NEVER drive 80 miles to meet a guy. If he wants to meet he could do the driving...and then we'll go from there. If it works, then we share it...but honestly...even in my podunk town I managed to find someone I wanted to be with....course he *****es about a 35 mile drive...<eye roll>

Funny enough I didn’t even think about that at the time but afterwards....(after a pimms and a few rants to the friends).... I thought, why did I drive there to meet him? Guess I thought since he was paying for it, it would only be fair...

But I am reassured to hear the general consensus is he was a complete mentalist and it was a one off
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yikes... I have one first date that I found out was a stripper (in a club FOR men), who promptly got wasted, and then talked to his mom on the phone for the better part of an hour discussing her blow-up doll.

A close second was a run-in with date's VERY pregnant baby-mama. I didn't know she existed nor she, I. This was all years ago though.

Since then I got engaged to a super manipulative charming a-hole, had a baby, and am now single (and happy). haha- think I'll stay that way for a while....