workout from home?

Options
How many people here workout from home??? I do!!! I still have my YMCA membership because of the kids but it's soo much easier to just get it done when I don't need a babysitter and to drive all the way there!!

Replies

• Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We had a Y membership but now work out at home. I have a whole set of free weights and can run outside.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I work out at home! I myself have a membership to the YMCA but I began to realize I could be done my at home workout in the time that it would take me to drive there and back. Let a lone the actual workout.
  • DoubleClick88
    Options
    At this moment, I am. I don't have the money to fund a gym membership (and I'm not to sure about any of the gyms in my area), and I'm not really a fan of my campus student rec center. So I do as much as I can from home, and then incorporate walking to and from campus (about a mile and a quarter one way).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I generally do, but it kinda depends on my schedule. I get a free gym membership through work, but working out at home is so much easier than fighting with people for equipment, and my basement gym is 90% of what I need, so...
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    We had a Y membership but now work out at home. I have a whole set of free weights and can run outside.

same here
  • mmissnelly35
    Options
    I do both the days I don't go to the gym, I workout with Xfinity-OnDemand has many options, plus BowFlex weight machine..easier
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I go to the gym occasionally, but the majority of the time all my work is from home!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I quit the gym 6 years ago and never have regretted it. I have a treadmil, some hadn weights 2,3,5,10,12 and Dvds like Jillian Michaels, or Bob Harper, Ten min trainer too. I love it I feel like I workout harder because I dont care if I look stupid and there is nothing to distract me (mind you I do not have kids) The only time I get bored is in the Winter sometimes but I can get a day pass at the Y for 10.00. Summer time I dont use my treadmill I walk outside or Rollerblade.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I just started Insanity, but before then I was running either on my treadmill or at home. I'm not a gym fan, mainly because I just don't like to be around a lot of people, so working out at home is best for me.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I do. Having the gym membership was actually giving me an excuse not to workout. (Well, not having the membership, but believing I had to be "at the gym" to get a good workout). I used to believe honestly that I didn't have time to workout. Not true - I don't have time to go to the gym, but I definitely have time to workout at home.
  • LovelyladiC
    LovelyladiC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I workout from home. I can get the same results at home as I could going to the gym. I'm currently doing TurboFire and I LOVE IT!!!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I work out from home. I feel more comfortable that way. Between my bike, exercise videos, and Zumba I have plenty of options to vary my routine.
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do! I do!

I mean, I do LOVE the gym! However with kids and such, just not fair to get home from work, pick them up from the sitter, then drop off at a gym daycare. And I'd never see them!

I work out from home with vids (ChaLEAN), Hiit vids from the internet, some crossfit routines, and workouts found on Pinterest - some with weights, some without. So in all that I'm hitting cardio, lifting, calisthenics, Hiit. The only thing I figure I'm really missing is endurance.
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Plus, I LOVE that i'm saving the cost of gym memberships. That means more $$ for workout clothes;)
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a gym membership in years. I love to run outside (hate treadmills, only use mine if I have no other choice), and I do zumba on the xbox, and have wii fit, and do good old fashioned body weight strength training.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I workout at home or outside. Always have. When I had children I was too poor for a gym membership, now that I have the money I just don't see the need. I have all I need to stay fit at home and in the great outdoors.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I work out from home. I feel more comfortable at home. I also don't have to find time to get to the gym I feel more flexible about when to exercise and avoid the excuse of not being able to fit a time in etc etc.
    I'm also enjoying the weather and walking or biking outside. I've been trying to incorporate exercise into my daily routine so now I walk/bike to work when I can :).
    Plus it's free!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ME!! And I LOVE IT!! It's so much easier and there's NO EXCUSE!! Got a variety of workout DVDs, some hand weights and an elliptical ... that's all I need! :happy:
  • Slendertree
    Slendertree Posts: 12
    Options
    I do. I'm a stay at home mom and it's easier to just stay home than to load all the kids up. I also live in the middle of no where so I don't have any good gyms near me.
  • Smash666
    Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm an at home exerciser as well. Don't really have any equipment other then an exercise ball. But if your determined to reach your goals you will find a way to make it happen.