Looking For A Support System- I've Had It With Fad Diets!

Options
Hi!

As you can see written in the subject line- I've had it with fad diets. I've tried just about everything over the course of 3 years or so, Atkins, Weight Watchers, this and that. All of which I'm sure work for certain people, but certainly not me! As of yesterday, I'm officially starting to change my life and get back on track and I need people to hold me accountable!

All of those fad diets that I so religiously chased after actually helped me gain more weight. I was a yo-yo dieter. I'm currently 5'8'' and 260 pounds. I carry my weight well, so most people just think I'm a "little overweight." Yeaaaaaaaah...NO. I need to make a change and that starts now.

I sit at a desk almost 9 hours of my day so getting active is a challenge for me. I'd love some support from those in similar situations.

Replies

• dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone). I'm here daily! And this is a way of life for me, not just something to do for the summer. =)
    Look forward to helping and getting to know you. Good luck!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am currently on the Atkins diet & counting my calories. I think it works well. I can offer lots of support in other areas as well. Just to be a great motivator. You can do it :-) Feel free to add me...Happy Losing
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!!! Support is a wonderful thing... Congrats to you for starting your journey!
  • ljoy9025
    ljoy9025 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I work in an office as well I am I will help you if you help me. =]
  • catsnap213
    catsnap213 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the yo-yo effects from "diets" please add me
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 80lbs. Before MFP I tried diet pills and that didnt workout for me. Support is everything and MFP has giving me the strength to start a healthy lifestyle. So add me for some great support..
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family! My suggestion in getting "active"... start as early in the day as possible. I own a small business and have a part time job in an office... by the time I get home I don't want to do anything but crash... morning workouts are the best if you can do it! Feel free to add me for support or taking a peak at my diary now and then. Good luck!
  • Rangersgirl6720
    Rangersgirl6720 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey There,

I also tried every "diet" out there. I used what I considered "best practices" from each of those diets to create a healthy eating plan that worked for me (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, fish, whole grains). I also allow myself a little indulgence when I am craving something, it prevents me from pigging out later. My job requires me to sit behind a desk 9 hours per day as well, I pack my lunch daily, which allows me to use 30 minutes of my lunch out to walk. I also, stand during meeting (you burn more calories by standing still than you do sitting), do squats when on confernece calls in my office or a few jummping jacks between tasks. I have found I am much more productive at work, when I am active. Stick with it!
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I too sit in an office all day long. Sending along a request!
  • CHEENAH7577
    Options
    Another stuck behind a desk, my commute is about 4 hours a day, but that does nothing for my weight loss. I know I'm the type just dieting doesn't work. I love working out, but with a few injuries, arthritis etc.. no way can i work out to the intensity i like and need to get 100 pounds off.. I'm pissed, it was only 40pds a few years ago, can't believe how i let 60 more sneak in.. Any way I do know i love cocktails too much, and i think it has put on at least 20 of those pounds. So whats going to be my new substitute for stress and pain, with out my cocktails lol.. Oh decisions. I need to get to gym, starting back always is hard. You see all the people who stuck with it looking thin and here you come in.. I have a total gym but get frustrated changing it from one work out to the other. I gotta start somewhere, just lazy mad and disgusted. Lets see if i can get off at least 15 pounds before sept.. I really don't eat much, when i do its junk. i love salads etc.. but they don't fill me and i eat and hunger right behind them. I'm a mess right... NEED A MIRACLE..
    And just for the record i hate these stars advertising for all these diet companies, when they know they lost their weight via lap band or bypass surgery. Such a deception. The average person can't afford that, or the money and time to then get tummy tucks etc.. There's not one star out there i trust or believe, NONE.. They all had surgery trust me.. So normal folks its on us to work the hard way. So im here too if any one needs uplifting etc.. Positive thoughts...