Healthy Fast Food...

Options
Now I know that virtually all fast food isn't healthy because of that way it is prepared.... BUT we can't always stay away from fast food. My question is.... if you are having a Junk Food/Fast Food Craving or you are on the run what is something decently healthy you like to grab that is decently calorie friendly (other than subway)??

Replies

• Stacey_Leeann
    Options
    Taco Bell fresco tacos are pretty good and I think about 170 cals each.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Swiss Chalet (1/4 Chicken dinner w/Salad)
    McDonald's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
    Wendy's Chili
    Subway Tuna Salad Salad

They aren't the best choices but will do in a pinch!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've found that the "healthy" options at most fast food places are not often very tasty, so I tend to stick with whatever crap made them popular in the first place. Since I eat there so rarely I don't worry about calories or whether it's healthy.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A Wendy's side salad and small chili isn't too bad ( I dump the chili on the salad!)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    chipotle
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,699 Member
    Options
    South East Asian. Thai or Vietnamese. But stay away from anything deep fried or in peanut sauce or with a curry sauce containing coconut.
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    chipotle

mmmmm def this...i went there the other day for lunch - had a burrito bowl with chicken, fajita veggies and a scoop of avacado! I was in heaven and it was under 400 cals
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    They all have salads now... Just saying...
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    kfc grilled chicken. drumstick is 90 cals. thigh is 170. breast is 220. Delicious and lots of protein.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I can't even go near a fast food place without gaining weight. I simply keep a protein bar (i.e., meal replacement type) in my bag for "emergencies."
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    chipotle

Agree. I get salads at Chipotle frequently, and I always have to clarify for them that yes, I really do want two servings of meat.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

That's true, but it doesn't mean it's healthy. It's good to get a look at the nutrition info before instantly going for the salad. Sometimes you'd be better off calorie-wise with a dollar menu burger!
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

If I wanted a salad... I would make one.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually get a baked potato with sour cream and chives and a small chili from Wendy's. It's filling and pretty dang cheap too! I also like their pecan apple salad. I agree with the Taco Bell Fresco tacos too. I order a steak soft taco and pintos and cheese on the side. I also eat at Chipotle a lot too. I order a bowl with no rice, black beans, tons of fajita veggies, chicken all the hot sauces and guacamole for an incredibly filling lower-cal meal. From Sonic I'll order the grilled chicken wrap, but I ask for no ranch and ask for extra salsa on the side.
    As you said, it's not always the best choice, but when you're in a pinch sometimes it's necessary.
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken southwest salad with the southwest dressing that comes with it...under 400 calories, very filling, and delicious!
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

That's true, but it doesn't mean it's healthy. It's good to get a look at the nutrition info before instantly going for the salad. Sometimes you'd be better off calorie-wise with a dollar menu burger!

Agreed... Some of the salads are 600+ calories ... However, I just make my own salads I want something to satisfy my junk food fast food craving a salad isn't it. LoL
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If you go anywhere that serves chicken sandwiches without breading and too much flavoring get the burger with lettuce, tomato and mayo without the bun, extra lettuce. It will basically be an awesome chicken salad with just a little more fat than if you made it at home with a nice dressing. Any fast food can be modified by removing some options and adding others to make it a better choice. I just wish they still served protein platters at McDonalds because those used to be fantastic!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Chic-fil-A has an amazing oatmeal for breakfast
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually go to there websites most have a nutrition calculator or at least nutrition facts posted

And, Im noticing a lot more FFR's are posting the calories of their foods on their menus.

Chik-Fil-A has some good options
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Chipolte, you can't go wrong there.