Tattoos and weight gain/loss

Options
RammsteinChick234
RammsteinChick234 Posts: 6 Member
I have 2 large tattoos on both of my ribs and ever since i gained all the weight that I am currently carrying (and ready to lose!) I have gotten so many stretch marks and the ink has pulled out of them leaving a streaky effect. After I get to my target weight, I plan on have them retouched..
So all you lovely tatted people, anyone out there have any weight gain/weight loss related tattoo stories?

Replies

• ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I was 480 lbs I got a tiny heart on my ankle, the more weight I loose the higher it gets lol. It is now 5 inches above my ankle. (yes I measured because I am just cool like that).
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have a tribal skull on my left arm.. Since I started bodybuilding it has since gotten bigger. Usually you have to pay extra for that kind of action.. haha.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Got one on my wrist that looks dreadful now from weight gain. Woe is me.
    However, it's terrible so I can get it covered up with something better now anyway! :happy:
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have one on my foot, and I had toxemia during my pregnancy. I couldn't even wear shoes towards the end because my feet and ankles were so swollen. My tattoo stretched badly. After I delivered my daughter and all of the swelling went away, I went and had it touched up. It looks completely fine. I can post a pic if you'd like. Don't have one from my pregnancy handy... sorry.

ETA: I also have a tattoo that's over a big scar, and the ink went in just fine. You can see the inconsistency with my skin if you look closely, but there's no difference with the color.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I had a 5" scorpian on my lower ab. I only lost 15 lbs, but it seemed to all come from my waist. Now my shrunken scorpian looks like a 4" bug.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When I was 480 lbs I got a tiny heart on my ankle, the more weight I loose the higher it gets lol. It is now 5 inches above my ankle. (yes I measured because I am just cool like that).

By the time you are done it may be by your knee ;) I haven't lost anything to make a big difference on any of my tattoos, but I have a friend that lost near 100 pounds and her tattoos are fine - one had to be touched up but it was pretty minor.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have this on my left arm. it's visable in my profile picture.

pablo-picasso-bullfight-iii_i-G-57-5703-5NBNG00Z.jpg

it use to wrap around my arm about halfway, with the bullfighter in the back of my arm, more on my tricep. i'd have to rotate my arm for people to get a good look at it. then i started working out and getting some bigger arms, and now it's all kind of visable at once.
  • zanimalistic
    zanimalistic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think of this. I have gained 40+ lbs. over the past year or so... finally getting back in the game...

I have flowers on my ribs and a Native American Thunderbird on my forearm... The forearm should be okay, but I hope that I haven't ruined my ribs...
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I have what use to be a cute litte multi colored daisy next to my belly button the size of a dime, after gaining 50lbs and having a baby it is bigger than a quarter and just a mash of blue mess with a nice stretch mark through it. I dont recommend a tattoo there unless you plan not to have children or have lost your weight first. lol ahh things you do when you are 16
  • Mummy2Corey
    Mummy2Corey Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a relatively large one from just under my hip running down my leg past my knee and didn't even think about it until I put on weight and have stretch marks on my thighs! So far I've been lucky that the stretch marks don't effect it but I have a lot of old self harm scarring that has been masked by the tattoo so hoping when I have it extended etc it'll hide the stretch marks too!!
    Actually wanted it extended up to ribs and down to ankle but now thinking it may not look as good if I lose weight after having it done!
    One on my wrist hasn't changed so far :)

Hope a simple touch up will be enough to have yours back to how you want it!
  • RammsteinChick234
    Options
    Great replies/stories so far! And yes I hope it can be fixed too. If you go to my profile, my one pic is of my first tattoo and you can see the streaking I was talking about from my stretch marks haha
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie this is my worst fear with my tattoos...
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty huge Garbage Pail Kid on my upper arm, and I've lost only a few pounds. That's a big fear, that my GPK will turn into a saggy old lady with bandages and barbed wire LOL
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My tramp stamp is now on my belly! :sad: :sad: :sad:

large-belly.jpg
  • Mummy2Corey
    Mummy2Corey Posts: 23
    Options
    Great replies/stories so far! And yes I hope it can be fixed too. If you go to my profile, my one pic is of my first tattoo and you can see the streaking I was talking about from my stretch marks haha

Just had a peek and think it looks stunning so I wouldn't worry too much hun! :)
  • RammsteinChick234
    Options

Just had a peek and think it looks stunning so I wouldn't worry too much hun! :)

Thanks. The only crappy part is around where his leg is. Theres like 2 obnoxious white stripes haha
  • DearlyDemented
    DearlyDemented Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I havent lost weight yet afer my pregnancies to really notice a change in my tattoos....but i got a half sleeve over some scars on my arm...the area looks a bit shiny but u cant really tell jntil you are lookkng for it. So if yoh get it touched upnonce you hit your goal, you should be fine. Good luck.... this is something im curious about as well.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had one on my hip before I had my daughter and it looks terrible now. I have just booked in for a cover up so have til 3rd July to hit target weight, I can't wait!!
  • ach54321
    ach54321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am working on a TV programme for Channel 5 about tattoos and I'd love to speak to anyone looking to change or cover or even laser a tattoo that has changed due to pregnancy or weight gain / loss. Please do e-mail me! I'm: alexandra.stokes@channel5.com.
    Thanks so much!