Healthy Fast Food...

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    chipotle

Agree. I get salads at Chipotle frequently, and I always have to clarify for them that yes, I really do want two servings of meat.

That's how i feel about Qdobas. Naked Fajita Burrito, no rice, no beans, double meat, add grilled veggies. The only problem is, to make it healthy, i have to pay nearly 12 dollars. seems like a lot for "fast-ish food"
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Just about every place you go to has a "light menu"
    I personally Love Chipotle =)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    every place has a few lower calorie options, a few of the top of my head are:
    mcdonalds- chicken nuggets 4pc (190), ice cream cone (170), mcdouble (390), mcchicken (360, less if you take off the mayo)
    taco bell- supreme dorito taco is only 200, supreme soft taco 220, plus they have the fresco menu

I downloaded a fast food app on my phone that I always check before ordering, having that helps a lot!
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    chipotle

Agree. I get salads at Chipotle frequently, and I always have to clarify for them that yes, I really do want two servings of meat.

That's how i feel about Qdobas. Naked Fajita Burrito, no rice, no beans, double meat, add grilled veggies. The only problem is, to make it healthy, i have to pay nearly 12 dollars. seems like a lot for "fast-ish food"

Agreed, though I usually make the mistake of not planning before I go.... The veggies are extra, the guac is extra, extra salsa is extra...even though you are doing it without the tortilla, rice, and/or beans.... I could go to a decent sit down place for lunch for all that money lol
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    HaHa.... I have heard of some of the places you all are talking about but I live in such a small town this is all we have.... We have Arbys, Wendys, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Long John Silvers, KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Subway, and like 4 pizza places LoL
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken southwest salad with the southwest dressing that comes with it...under 400 calories, very filling, and delicious!

I love it, and it lasts me two servings too :)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I would say the ONLY healthy fast food is Subway.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    McDonalds wraps or Wendy's baked potatoes and chili.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    For those suggesting Wendy's chili, as yummy as it is... I recently had a bad experience with my chili. There was some sort of nasty bug in my small order of chili! A few bites into it and bam there it was in my spoon about to be eaten. I know this is probably an isolated incident but it really made me think how many bugs from a fast food joint, I've eaten without noticing. :sick:

Food for thought!

Side note I saw a funny meme that said getting salads from a fast food restaurant is like asking a prostitute for a hug... untrue but LOL it made me laugh :laugh:

Awesome! Extra protein!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    HaHa.... I have heard of some of the places you all are talking about but I live in such a small town this is all we have.... We have Arbys, Wendys, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Long John Silvers, KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Subway, and like 4 pizza places LoL
    If you want watch calories, usually dollar menu type items are better, wendy's has a jr. bacon cheeseburger, Arby's has jr. roast beef, the whopper jr. at Burger King is less than 400 calories... I'd suggest going through their online menus and planning a meal from each place that fits into your goals and remembering them. What I do when I get fast food is only get one thing at a time, I don't get a burger AND fries, I just get the burger. I love Arby's, so I always get the beef n cheddar but I don't order any fries or other extras!
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating fast food, I prefer to eat small portions of delicious things. Not the healthiest option but keeps me under cals while satisfying my need for "bad" food. The value menu is my friend.

Now - if I ate fast food for lunch every day, I would probably try to change that and find a way to get more protein and veggies in.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    BK's "premium" grilled chicken sandwich sans mayo isn't too bad fat/calorie wise, when compared to the other sandwiches. Also, but for the fatty nature of a burger, a whopper junior ( no mayo or cheese) isn't a bad option either. I tend to stay away from salads at fast food joints- I can eat a salad at home, and if I'm on the run, it means I'm in the car, where a meal which requires a fork does me no good.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The McDonald's new Premium Grilled Chicken Wraps are under 350 Calories, really good and really filling. They're a little hard to eat while driving tho...lol
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Arby's junior roast beef from their dollar menu is pretty decent. For me it's more like a "snack" but for your size it'd probably fill you up lol.

I went around to several of my fave hot spots and picked up their printed out menus - goal to make a quick list in a mini notebook to keep in my purse for times like this - for breakfast/lunch and dinner - never got around to it yet - but i remember arby's roast beef coming up not too bad
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food for lunch almost 4X a week and I have lost 20 pounds. I know a lot of fast food has crazy amounts of sodium but so does Subway. Here's some of my choices, that haven't thrown off my calorie intake or weight loss results:

Subway Oven Roasted chicken, no cheese, veggies, no sauce
    McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo
    McDonald's grilled chicken salads (you can ask for low fat or fat free dressing)
    Taco Bell Fresco menu, but I usually order a gordita with chicken and no sour cream
    Runza grilled chicken southwest salad (with salsa)
    Runza grilled chicken sandwich, buffalo sauce

If I order a combo I ask to substitute fries for apples or side salad, and I have pretty much cut out diet soda and drink unsweetened ice tea or water.

Occasionally I will splurge and order a Runza cheeseburger or small fry. You only live once, right? :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Wanting healthy fast food is against all that is good in the world, reported.:smile:
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YES! fresco crunchy beef tacos are 140cal ea, or the chicken soft tacos are 150.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I usually go for either a pita or a sub.

We have Pita Pit where I am and they make a pita however you want. Tons of options there! Tons of fresh veggie toppings as well as lean meats like chicken or turkey. You can make it as healthy (or as unhealthy) as you want.

If we don't go for pitas we will go to Subway. Subway can be high on the sodium however you make the sub as healthy or unhealthy as you want. Tons of options! I always go for a veggie sub without cheese and load up on the veggies.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say the ONLY healthy fast food is Subway.

Subway is god awful. What is wrong with people?

Panera
    El Pollo Loco
    Jason's Deli
    Flame Broiler
    Chipotle
    Qdoba
    etc
    etc
    etc

if your so fixed on finding a "healthy" version of fast food then you should probably just stay away. Once everyone realizes that moderation is far superior than trying to eat "healthy" all the time the better off we will all be.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Once everyone realizes that moderation is far superior than trying to eat "healthy" all the time the better off we will all be.

I'd much rather eat 3 taco bell fresco tacos for 450 calories than a mcdonald's cheeseburger and small fries for 560. I mean, if I have a ton of calories for the day, I won't care, but most days I try to stretch them. Seriously I'd be starving one hour later with the same calorie amount of normal fast food.