WOW - im fat!

Options
Hiya guys!

I've found this site after doing an internet search and it looks fab.

I'm a 30 year old girl (not a women, I still feel 18 haha!) and i've always been plump, overweight etc growing up. I recently got married and was happy with my weight and loved the wedding pictures.

However, I came back from honeymoon, looked at those pics and thought 'OMG i'm FAT!'. No way around it, no way to soften it up a bit - im fat and that's it!

So, I've come to the decision to make a change, change my lifestyle, get fitter and happier for myself and those around me.

I would LOVE friends to share the journey with, so feel free to 'add' me and we can support each other xx

Replies

• tmsmith7681
    tmsmith7681 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... I never thought I was that fat until a friend took some pictures of me at a local event and I was huge!! I am 31 and feel young at heart but need to address some serious lifestyle changes.

I have been at this seriously for about 6 weeks now, and I have lost 7 pounds. I am of course inpatient, but I keep telling myself that time will go by no matter what, so I should gradually let the weight go with it. I am currently 198 pounds now (UGH) but 5'9" and would love to be back down to about 160.

You can friend invite me if you would like. I have been activily logging for a couple weeks now, though sometimes I do miss a sat or sun..

Best of luck to you, and I am happy you have decided to get healthy with the rest of us!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I Knew I was fat and decided it was time to do something about it. Add me if you like. I'm always looking for new friends!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally agree, it is only when you see the big fat person in the photos, or mirror in my case, that it hits home.

Add me if you wish, I am 30 inside but 70 outside ;-)
  • jtempalski
    jtempalski Posts: 80
    Options
    I am up for new friends!

I am about to turn 32 on 13 May... started really focusing on myself 4 March and have almost lost 20 lbs since the beginning of this year. My husband is currently in Afghanistan and due back on my brithday (only there since March 2nd)... wish I saw better results, but I know that it took me years to add the weight on.. .it's going to take time to get it off!

:-)
  • KandyW02
    KandyW02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ahhh....this is right up my alley! I am 30 (will be 31 this month) and earlier this year my friend took a picture of me and when I saw it I just cried and was devasted with how I looked! I'm ready to get moving with getting this weight off so, please feel free to friend request me and we'll all go on this journey together! :)
  • kwimpress
    kwimpress Posts: 40
    Options
    Feel free to add me, know how reality bites you on the bum sometimes!