lifters-what do you do with your calluses?

Options
13»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    VTU6jkb.jpg?1

^^^wears gloves. never gets calluses. never loses control of the bar. never has to spend time filing his hands. never has hand pain restricting his lifts.

and never needs to prove he's a badass.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If I were getting serious calluses....I'd buy gloves. I used to have a pair but I don't recall what happened to them...I've moved a hundred or so times, so who knows (lost in the shuffle?) I haven't worn any in a long time and I only have very slight calluses, so I don't worry about them.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I eat them like cornflakes.

I like this answer the best...to be honest I chew them off sometimes too...ugh!
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    VTU6jkb.jpg?1

^^^wears gloves. never gets calluses. never loses control of the bar. never has to spend time filing his hands. never has hand pain restricting his lifts.

If it didn't happen on a platform it didn't happen

:tongue: :devil:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I file them down with a nail file over my spaghetti.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    VTU6jkb.jpg?1

You must have some really good gloves. Any pair I ever tried caused me to have grip issues. Half tempted to try batting gloves. LOL
  • craigjmorton
    craigjmorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with calluses! It means that I am gripping that bar good and tight.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have calluses at the base on all my fingers, I just leave them. They havent caused me any trouble so far. Also surely some hard skin there is helpful when lifting weights, at least thats what I was thinking.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear gloves. it doesnt protect 100% from callouses since it's hard for me to find gloves that fit perfectly. but it still doesnt leave my hands feeling like i work on a railroad.

i've also never had grip issues with gloves either
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wear gloves and, thusfar, haven't had any callouses. :)