Replies

• VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I work through it
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem at the moment!! I'm cramping so bad I don't feel like doing anything! But I know I just need to take some ibuprofen or Tylenol and just power through it.
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I usually power through them. If it's a particularly bad month, I might have cramps and pain through my butt and back thighs and terrible fatigue, so I'll skip that day and just listen to my body. I normally work out in one way or another every day, so skipping a day is no big deal.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem at the moment!! I'm cramping so bad I don't feel like doing anything! But I know I just need to take some ibuprofen or Tylenol and just power through it.

Mmmmmm Daryl

Anyways, ibuprofen, tylenol, advil, midol..., nothing works!

But I knew that if I just sit around feeling sorry for myself, soon I'm gonna start complaining about how fat I am... id rather tell myself how good I'm doing! So I went for a walk for an hour ;)
  • Korben234
    Korben234 Posts: 7
    Options
    Vanessa: how did you get that weightloss chart/banner?
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Vanessa: how did you get that weightloss chart/banner?

Google
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    OP, I also had no symptoms before kids.. seems like as I had children, cramps got worse. Five months ago, my periods were painful.. TOM just arrived for me and I didn't really even know it was coming cause I had no symptoms whatsoever. I've been working out atleast 5-6x and all days of my period since Jan. I definitely contribute getting off my butt and working out to my success.

My tip is simple, just get it done. I don't take any painkillers/relievers.. once you get the blood flowing, you'll feel great. Listen to music, focus on your breathing (and sweating) during your workout and I'm sure it will get your mind off of TOM.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    pop a Tylenol, wait for it to kick in and go at it. I try not to over do myself though because I have gotten sick after working out while on tom.

Pills don't do squat for me unless its a perc.

:laugh: Sorry to laugh but this made me giggle.
    There are literally 100's of threads in reference to TOM on here where you can find a lot of terrific advice. Just go to the boards and do a search for TOM or Periods or what not and I'm sure you will find a helpful suggestion in there somewheres. :)

Have you used the search function on here? It's horrid.. OP would be here for weeks going through all the results. I hope MFP fixes the search someday :laugh: