This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Really great idea for a thread. Thank you for posting it.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This is Beyonce at the halftime show. I'm can't really tell if it's been shopped or not but I'm leaning towards "not".

96631-280x200.jpg
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a fellow Graphic Artist & I absolutely agree with everything you said. Though I admit that even if I know it, still there are times that I wish my bikinis wouldn't stick to my skin but if I buy a larger size, they will fall off right from my hips LOL.

Going back to the topic, I hate it whenever glossy magazines promote bodies that are in reality doesn't even exist. I would rather see a little budge on the stomach or thighs instead of a Barbie doll type (Barbies are made only for little sissies anyway). I understand about enhancing your assets on a pic to make it look more presentable but altering an image to conform to the insane standards of beauty is downright ridiculous. Personally even if I can "doctor" every image but I don't & probably would never do it with my own pics. Anyway no matter how good you are at hiding,, the truth will always prevail.
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks! it's really interesting and relieving ... real bodies just have no luck vs photoshop
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pin-up girls too??? Sooo disappointing.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread. Actually feel like I've learnt something on MFP today. Thanks OP.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

This why I compare myself to................myself.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • briana0522
    briana0522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love this. Thank you for sharing.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    No wonder we never match the images in our head. :angry:
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I follow a Pinterest board devoted to this very subject:

http://pinterest.com/indyink/dont-compare-yourself-to-celebrities/
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

This why I compare myself to................myself.

Exactly
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    amazing, thanks for posting it!
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread!!!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love photoshop.

Portrait Professional is a free program you can get if you want to play with it on your own you can remove your pores, make your eyes pop, even change their color.

This is a GREAT thread. I try to pay no attention to images only to think of them as art since they aren't real.

http://jezebel.com/5951863/when-perfect-isnt-enough-the-unretouched-images-victorias-secret-doesnt-want-you-to-see/
    this is a good link.

It's also been going for ages - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/12/gil-elvgrens-1950s-pin-up-girls-were-photoshopped-too-pictures_n_1877167.html

IMO, the Victoria Secret photoshops are mild and the model looks just as good in the before pics as she does after the shops. Not a great argument for "unattainable attractiveness."

I have seen a lot of crazy celebrity photoshops though. Especially Brittney Spears and Madonna. Madonna's one actually made me shudder it was like night and day. I wish I could find it and post a link.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread - thank you for posting!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Can we PLEASE stop the body shaming on this site? Those manipulated images of women have hopes and dreams and feelings just like the rest of us. Just because they were created within software doesn't mean that they don't deserve our respect and appreciation for the awesome and at times literally impossible results that they've obtained. Some people just want to hate on everything.

With love,
    Burt
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I would like to see more examples too!