WTH???

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people are nice and think of me. He clearly doesn't respect you.

Consult a divorce attorney ASAP! Next thing you know it'll.be mozzarella sticks or...S.e.x.

LOL, I don't think I need to go to that extreme.

Maybe I'll tell him instead of buying me a dessert....try being my dessert. (OMG, I can't believe I just said that!! :blushing: )

YESSSSSSSSS

get a spoonful and put it on his belleh!

woot!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    If I had a husband, and he brought me icecream, he'd probably get laid that night.

Stopping at ice cream shop as we speak...
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I'm proud of myself for the willpower I had to only eat the one bite!

I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was complaining about what he did. I was just typing in the heat of the moment.
    He is supportive of me, but I do need to remind him that my treats need to be kept to a minimum. Now, if he would've brought me a baby blizzard instead of a HUGE peanut buster parfait, I probably would've destroyed it!!!

I know he was being nice.....just thought it was a little too nice for what I'm trying to do.

I think I will suggest that next time he wants to give me a treat...that he give me food rub or a back massage. Lord knows I could use either right now for my sore muscles!!

But seriously, I did mean what I said about the support on MFP. Everyone here has been great!!

If you're having trouble with willpower, then having treats that are not food is a good idea for the beginning.
    But continue to still incorporate indulgences once in a while. This is for life. And it's not like you're never going to eat ice cream again. lol
    But we all make the mistake of restricting ourselves at first....and that's just a set up for failure.
    I succeeded once I realized I could have those things, which I previously thought were forbidden, and still lose weight.
    Id listen to her ^^^ she one smart lady
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If I had a husband, and he brought me icecream, he'd probably get laid that night.

*Noted*
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Consult a divorce attorney ASAP! Next thing you know it'll.be mozzarella sticks or...S.e.x.

:laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

LOL, I don't think I need to go to that extreme.

Maybe I'll tell him instead of buying me a dessert....try being my dessert. (OMG, I can't believe I just said that!! :blushing: )

Gives a whole new meaning to 'peanut buster'. :wink: I'm sorry. That was inappropriate. :smokin:
  • whierd
    Options

Rock, paper, scissors? Best two out of three?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    People will not get it i am lucky mine does he is my support team sometimes to well lol i cant touch anything bad without hearing about it
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How dare he! He should have brought home Bellavitano Merlot Cheese & Triscuits!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Nope.
    You're too slow..
  • anotherlonelyheart
    anotherlonelyheart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right? I mean it was a nice gesture, **** if I had a sweet guy like that I wouldn't complain
  • whierd
    Options

Nope.
    You're too slow..

Damn it! :grumble:
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOL. I had to laugh cause when I started MFP I told my husband about it. He then decides to buy a 5 gallon container of ice cream the next day. It's only me and him in the house! I was like, you gotta be freaking kidding me, wth is your problem?!!! lol. Needless to say, that icecream is nearly 2 months old, still in the freezer, and I have yet to touch it, thank God. I told him he's responsible for eating that whole thing now. Good news is that he's learning to support me and it just takes time. So just keep reminding him that you need his support and that you would greatly appreciate it if he's careful what he buys.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a chocolate covered pretzel blizzard today. Went to DQ and they were OUT OF PRETZELS! The massive amount of disappointment I felt kinda killed my day.

Basically if my husband somehow showed up with that blizzard I would have a great night...and then so would he.
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    I feel you! My boyfriend works late nights, and on his way home he'll text me all "I'm going to Taco Bell, you want anything?" "No Thanks" "Are you sure" "Yes I'm sure". Gets home... "I got you a quesadilla just in case". Doh!

lol, my husband does the same thing. "are you sure?" "that doesn't look like a lot of food?" "aren't you still going to be hungry?". I have to scream, "NO, DARN IT!".
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 150 pounds AFTER putting on 20 pounds this year.
    Last night he got home at midnight with DQ meals, and ice cream.

Hate him.
    He'll ask on his way home if I want anything, and if I tell him no, he asks again lol.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I'm three days into my re-commitment of eating good and working out, and my husband just walks in the door with a peanut buster parfait.....and says, "this is for you".

WTH?????

I took one little bite and then put the whole thing in the freezer and told him he can eat it tomorrow.

Glad I can come here for REAL support!

Mine is exactly the same way.....I don't get it, I really don't. :flowerforyou:
  • 08kat
    08kat Posts: 51
    Options
    OMG, I hear you. Been married since 19, am 48 now. My husband has always been fit while I have packed on 80 lbs. Now that I am seriously working to get back into shape, he keeps undermining my efforts. Our 27 year old son finally shed some light...my husband has been secure with our relationship while I became less secure. Now that I am feeling better about my body image, my husband also brings home treats. Have strength to push the treat away and give him a big hug. This is a whole new way of life for us, they need some adjustment time as well. If that doesn't work, kick his *kitten*. :bigsmile:
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    You will never accomplish what you're setting out to do, if you can't learn to deal with temptations.

That said, the key is moderation. When you figure that out, you will succeed.

Your husband did a nice thing for you...

I can see what you're getting at and you make a good point. However, I too had to restrict in the beginning only because it was the beginning and I had severe cravings for those things, and if given the chance I would binge on them. I didn't have a stop button. I've learned to adjust since I started, but it is hard when you first start. As my willpower increased and increases, I can indulge in certain things here and there. She'll get to that point one day too. Maybe right now it just might not be that time yet.
  • 08kat
    08kat Posts: 51
    Options
    Good thing I clearly support inappropriate