Who prefers to workout at home?

There is so much variation in how people prefer to workout, whether it be at the gym or at home. Personally I hated the gym. Monthly fees, no idea what I'm doing, conflict in class schedules. So I started working out at home on my own schedule. Who else prefers working out at home rather than the gym?

Replies

• flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    I enjoy both, but when you have the ability to work out at home it helps cut out another excuse not to exercise :)
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Me. I lost all my weight working out at home.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    ME.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Me! I can look like a fool and nobody can judge my awesomeness ;)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    That's what I am doing. I much rather prefer getting down to just a bra, booty shorts, and tennis shoes and getting a good workout in! :P
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    I actually like both but I really like working out at home and trail running . Feel like a hamster on a treadmill.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    I have lost 28 lbs working out at home doing work out dvds ( turbo jam and 30 day shred)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,226 Member
    me, though people who will see you who are not familiar to seeing you working out might think that your silly
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I lift at home and run outside.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Right now I'm doing a bodyweight circuit at home, to build some better stability before I "look" at the gym again.

I don't have a problem with the gym though, I actually use to go all the time. Can be very annoying when a 30 minute workout takes 1hr + cause you have to wait forever to get on the stations you need.

I'm thinking of buying my own squat rack because of it and forgoing the gym altogether, currently shopping around at local places to try to get an idea of what the "population" is at them.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I workout at home. The gym wasn't in my budget when I first started, 3 years ago.
    Now, I just prefer it. Plus, I have a pretty badass collection of equipment that I am continually adding to.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    I hated the gym with a passion. I love working out at home. Sometimes I just go "off book" and just dance around my living room (which, according to my HRM, can actually blast some serious calories.)

I can also wear my decade-old drawstring pants with the hole in the crotch and no one gives me side eye. Win win!
  • arowan04
    arowan04 Posts: 10 Member
    ME! There is NO way I could make time to get out of the house for that long!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    I don't have much choice. I dig it though. I feel like going to the gym on the regular would be hard to do.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    I have actually never been to a gym, but I have a 3-year old with me all day. Just easier to hop out if bed, get my workout in and get on with my day rather than driving somewhere and finding a sitter
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    if i had the space and equipment. definately prefer home. currently doing insanity at home and thats already a little crowded. haiz....
  • jsmeraz
    jsmeraz Posts: 1
    i do! i also go to the gym but love to work oud no one is looking!
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    I prefer to be at home. I don't want to drive there to a gym and drive back or worry about what I look like:-) I jog, bike, lift and do dvds.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    I love working out at home..I have everything I need here including clean bathroom and fungus free showers:-)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    I hated the gym with a passion. I love working out at home. Sometimes I just go "off book" and just dance around my living room (which, according to my HRM, can actually blast some serious calories.)

I can also wear my decade-old drawstring pants with the hole in the crotch and no one gives me side eye. Win win!

The last part has me dying right now. Yes, LOVE dancing around getting my heart rate up. Dance is such a great cardio!