Need new friends to get motivated.

Options
I was doing so good last year, then I ran into some health problems and everything went downhill from there. I'm now ready to get back into this and into the gym. I have 3 girls and a wonderful husband and I hate being away from them which is why I haven't been back to the gym. My husband is happy with me the way I am, but I'm not. I need more motivation. I need more friends to help me get back on track.

Replies

• Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good last year, then I ran into some health problems and everything went downhill from there. I'm now ready to get back into this and into the gym. I have 3 girls and a wonderful husband and I hate being away from them which is why I haven't been back to the gym. My husband is happy with me the way I am, but I'm not. I need more motivation. I need more friends to help me get back on track.

I understand your delima. When the ones you love,love you the way you are it can cause you to be comfortable. truth is we need to get rid of the extra pounds to me more healthier. Being healthier gives added years to our lives so that we can conitue to enjoy our time with hubby and children. Just last night my 7 year old said "mommy lets workout" i said i already worked out once today. she said "ok you can workout 2 times today" I love her so i agreed. we didnt agree on the workout so she did kiddie yoga instead LOL. So make it a family thing go for walks with the kids. play on the playground ever little helps. You can do this besides we all need me time. women tend to take care everyone else and neglect us.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I need more motovation too! I lost mine when my husband lost his job. We are very fortunate he is working again and we never got behind on bills. But I did get behind on taking care of me. I will add you. Best of luck to you!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    can add me if u like. I also 'dropped out' for a while. I feel bad leaving my dogs alone so much & use that as an excuse not to get off the couch...
    not today
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add :)
  • jafacct6778
    jafacct6778 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :-)
  • Jami313
    Jami313 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started being active on here and I am on everyday. Please feel free to add me!
  • CrissieGonzalez
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the kind words and motivation. The change starts today.
  • Danishaeg
    Danishaeg Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. It helps me to have people on MFP trying to do the same thing telling me "good job" and for me to do the same for others.
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I need more motovation too! I lost mine when my husband lost his job. We are very fortunate he is working again and we never got behind on bills. But I did get behind on taking care of me. I will add you. Best of luck to you!

I can so relate, i am having the same situation and it cause me to want to do more. I found i needed this to take my focus off what i could not control. I can control what i eat and rather i exercise. it is an awesome distraction too.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well!! :)
  • arowan04
    arowan04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same situation. I have found that working out at home is MUCH more doable. I sent you a request!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. :smile:

8488541.png
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm on here daily if any one can add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamaherf
    mamaherf Posts: 3
    Options
    looking for new friends and new ideas also would love to have as many friends as possible cindy
  • cnice321
    cnice321 Posts: 14
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as we'll. I'm not new but only recent got serious with my logging. I come on daily and I keep a small group of friends so I can really see their progress and offer them support while getting a boost of motivation in return. This is a necessary life change for many of us on here just to live longer and healthier if nothing else. It definitely helps to have the support of others on the same journey. Good luck to all in your efforts!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you wish...i'm on here often (nearly 2 years). :happy:

8488541.png
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone.
    I must say i am a pretty motivating person. (:
  • Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Feel free to add me if you want.