Losing to gain

Options
doctorsookie
doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
My name is Tammy and I am a 35 year mother of two. I am 4'9" and currently weigh in at 166.4 pounds. I live in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania.
I have been told by my doctor I have gained 40 pounds in less than nine months ever since my hip injury. While I cant exercise as I had been doing before my injury, I decided I can at least start with eating better.
Having a bad time with depression after both my first and second opinion doctors told me surgery isnt going to happen to fix my laberal tear. I had resiged to live with the pain and I began eating too much and eating the wrong thing. I even started drinking soda again after two and a half years.
I last saw my doctor on the 25th of April after having to get a recheck of my cholesterol levels that had doubled since last years annual checkup. This caused alarm with my doctor and I worked three months to get it down. She was happy with the results but I wasnt. I used to have a total cholesterol of under 150 and now it over 170.
I decided May was going to be my turn around month. I quit soda cold turkey (again) and tomorrow will be one week. I could use encouraging friends and someone to hold me "accountable" when I mess up. So, while I know it isnt likely I'll find many local pals, I thought I would give it a shot.

Replies

• Willowbreeze4
    Willowbreeze4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy,

Feel free to join me. I would love to encourage you along on your journey. I am looking for people who are encouraging and like you will hold me accountable for keeping on track.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help support you. Add me if you like. =)
  • jkbear40
    jkbear40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you'd like a friend from way down south, please add me. I am living in Biloxi, Mississippi but I am a Cajun at heart. I know giving up soda cold turkey is difficult. I can do without it but like a diet Dr. Pepper sometimes.