My first NSV :D

Options
Ran the pittsburgh half marathon this past weekend in 2:27. My goal was to be under 2:30 and to not walk and I am happy to say that I accomplished both of those goals! 6 months of training paid off!

Those of you who have a new-found love for running as I do, feel free to add me!!

Replies

• JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job! I am running my first 5K this weekend and hope to one day be where you are!
  • tcj83704
    tcj83704 Posts: 8
    Options
    I wish I could find a love for running...my brain wants to but my body doesn't! Tons of admiration for you!!
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You did so good! I'm proud of you! :)
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    tcj - running is just walking really fast; every runner in the world started out by walking...then they went a little faster when they could. There is absolutely no difference between a 4-minute miler and us...we have the same legs, the same brain, the same heart. It's nothing more than saying "Today, I'm going to start." Walk a block, walk a half mile, do whatever you can and then do a little more tomorrow. I ran briefly in high school, then quit. 25 years later, I challenged myself. 50 lbs overweight, I trained for and completed the Chicago Marathon, not once, but twice. Time to finish didn't matter, the joy was in the training and finishing the sucker. I'm 54 now, and my knees hurt, but I'm getting back to that urge to try a 5K again. It's never too late...look deep within yourself, and you'll find the will to do it!
  • ddh3808
    ddh3808 Posts: 16
    Options
    Trust me you can learn to love it!

I did cross country in highschool and my coach can tell you that I was NOT a runner. I wouldn't even want to do the 1 mile warm-ups he made us do! I started my journey by completing C25K which I would DEFINITELY recommend!!! After that I did Hal Higdon's training plan for a 1/2 marathon (the novice 1 plan). Both are apps so if you have a smart phone I would definitely suggest buying them.

The feeling of crossing that finish line was amazing and I now know that ANYONE can do it, if I could.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!