Quiche Suggestions?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I'm making 2 or 3 Quiches for Mother's Day. One is a quiche lorraine (dad can't have many veggie, so this is his request).

Suggestions for the other two? Normally I just dump in whatever I have in the fridge, but perhaps some of you have some awesome recipes you'd share :)

Danke!

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Roquefort, cream cheese, chives or for a lighter version, drop the cream cheese and add brocoli.
    I like mine with either cayenne or curry powder.

Look up pate brisee for your crust, very easy to make.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Roquefort, cream cheese, chives or for a lighter version, drop the cream cheese and add brocoli.
    I like mine with either cayenne or curry powder.

Look up pate brisee for your crust, very easy to make.

drool.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bacon, mushroom, and gouda is my favorite. Sometimes I add a hot pepper cheese in the mix.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is one of our family favorites- sometimes I do broccoli or spinach, or kale rather than the asparagus.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1956/springtime-quiche
  • AieB
    AieB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Quiche...

I've never made this before, but my dream quiche would contain red peppers, mushrooms, bacon, green onion, coarsely ground black pepper and curry powder for the spice.

I have to reiterate: Mmmm... Quiche...
  • jro06
    jro06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goat Cheese, Ham, and Onion is my go to Quiche.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh yum, yum, yum! Definitely some bacon and gouda- and maybe broccoli and carrots. I wonder if you could use some greek yogurt to give it some additional protein and body instead of something like cream cheese? I use greek yogurt in my scrambled eggs and I've done it in a frittata b/c I never have milk lol.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It's egg, already has plenty of protein. You should cook for flavor first; I tried a yoghurt based quiche once. Mine wasn't that good at replacing cream cheese but might be a reasonable substitute if you use cream. Mine just came out soggy and bland.

Another recent try - Bechamel, spinach and Serrano ham. My daughters hated it. :) it was that good.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love making quiche. I usually do either a Spinach and Bacon quiche with Swiss cheese, or a Broccoli and Ham with Cheddar.