What do you do to not overeat at night??

Options
13»

Replies

• tammsters64
    Options
    Thank you for asking this. I have the same problem
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I found that lots of fiber during the day keeps me full and I don't tend to eat as much in the evenings. However, today was a fail because I was running around all day and gave in to temptation. Didn't go over, but didn't eat great at all. Cut your portions down. I believe that people can enjoy all of the yummiest foods, the key is moderation.

Let me add, if I had to completely cut out the "yummy" stuff, I would never stay on track. Indulging JUST A BIT here and there helps keep the spirits up. In the past I have had great results and still ate crap once in a while, the problem is when you only eat crap and lots of it (why I gained the weight back)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    skip breakfast, low cal/high protein lunch/breakfast (to get somewhat close to P target), eat lots at dinner.

That's what I do.
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Feed them all healthy stuff...crisis averted

This. I tried eating different than my family and it doesn't work. Make them all eat healthy. That's what I do now.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1 cup of water :( sometimes we eat when we are actually thirsty, up your water and spread the meals :)
    and @Tina I agree a bowl of oatmeal even a bananner* can go a long way
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I cheat and eat what my family eats...And my adopted siblings and fam too, I just have to be extra careful what to eat at my treat times and my other mealst that day. That's what I do.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? As a newby my first guess would be that you're only eating 1200 cal per day and possibly not eating your exercise cals back. If this is the case it's not surprising you are hungry in the evenings as you're possibly not eating enough. Sorry if I'm wrong but this is a common problem for new members.

Be sure to eat protein and fibre at every meal to keep you full. Save a couple hundred calories for something you really enjoy in the evening.
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    if what your serving the family will put weight on you, then you are encouraging your family to get fat too, or is it the volume you're eating. 1 spoonful of something nice, then veggies or salad on the side.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i eat most of my cals during the day so by dinner, i'm not that hungry.

as for willpower, you do have it. there's an association to dinner and overeating that you have which you must break. walk away and sit in another room (temporarily) until you can break that association. or sit away from the food so that you can't see it.

when i first cut out all junk, i had to walk out of the dining room at the inlaws when they were serving dessert. i would leave and sit in the tv room until they put all that stuff away and then rejoined the family when it was over. after a few weeks, i was fine and no longer had to do that.

MIND OVER MATTER