south beach diet

Options
so, any thoughts about this program?

Replies

• mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    I know a lot of people who swear by it. I'm not too familiar with that one in particular but I am on a Metabolic [low carb] diet - I'm working with an obesity doctor and he has me on this new lifestyle/way of eating. This doctor actually does bariatric surgery. I don't qualify for surgery because I have Colitis and wasn't interested in it anyway, but I was referred to him by my GP because I wanted to speak with an expert and someone who could really help me.

So far I feel FANTASTIC! It's been better than I expected. I lost 5lbs in the first 2 days. I know most of that is water, but I'm happy with a loss nonetheless.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Loved it! Really worked for me.

Now I live a modified South Beach lifestyle.
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    I'm eating the south beach way - and I love it. I've been eating this way since May and I've lost a total of 25lbs. (I was still dieting before May and exercising). But I love this way of eating, because I don't feel restricted on food. Yes, the white flour is off limits, (potatoes, white rice, white bread, corn) but look at everything else you can eat. You can still eat sweet potatoes, brown rice or wild rice and 100% wheat bread. You can eat anything and everything. I love it. I eat sugar free candies and s f pudding cups with cool whip, boy I love it!!!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    With exercise and the South Beach Diet I lost roughly 50 pounds about 4 years ago. I LOVED the food and it was really wonderful!

I didn't keep it up though and I ended up gaining it all back.

I chose not to do it this time for the following reasons: 1) I don't want the trouble of cooking the recipes, life for me doesn't give me as much time for cooking anymore and the ingredients are slightly more expensive than we can afford now. 2) I wanted a life style change and knew that I likely wouldn't stick with the SBD for life. I feel I'm learning more about proper eating without being told what to eat.

Does that make sense? But, if you are thinking about it and my issues aren't your issues I'd say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it! :-)
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    thank you all!
  • MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    I too Love and followed the South Beach Diet. I was never hungry, I did not have the cravings for the bad (good) stuff, and I lost weight. I follow a modified SBD now, and with exercise involved it is even better than before. Phase 1 is a bit tough at first, but quickly you get used to it. It is a bit tough though, as previously stated, to find the time, all the time to cook the meals.