Fat Gripz vs me= fat gripz win! (Overview)

Options
krhn
krhn Posts: 781 Member
Just finished a week using my fat gripz on largely all my body parts and here to briefly tell you how ego is destroyed by two rubber grips :laugh:

For those of you that don't know what they are go here and read : http://www.fatgripz.co.uk/

Firstly I would like to say that these innocent looking rubber grips are deceptive little things, once you wrap them round a dumb bell, barbell, machine whatever... They WILL target your forearms - I began using them on my shoulder and bicep day (all weights had to be dropped by at least 40%, not because my primary muscles couldn't handle it) the forearms would fatigue within the third set and by my 13th set when I began my shrugs, this was my first time that I realised where my weak links are, since I'm right handed my left arm began to give in and each time I gripped onto the weights, it would eventually slip no matter how light I made it! By the time I went to hit biceps, my arms were honestly destroyed and I had to use 50% of the weights just to pump some blood into them - my arms were simply out of gas!

Now that my rant is over, let me tell you where they weren't necessarily beneficial; doing chest pushing movements using dumbbells was more of an aid because the fat gripz gave more surface area to my hands meaning more ground stability but I could utilise a slower rep. Secondly, it would have been on leg days, no real benefit of using them though you could practice squeezing the gripz hard whilst doing lunges ...:huh:
However, other than shoulders and biceps, they also hit the arms fairly dramatically when I did back exercises... Remember that during any variants of pull downs to wrap your hands properly round the bar as you won't feel it targeting your arms any other way! (No suicide grip styles will work your arms) :mad:

Hope I have enlightened some of you - I guess the end statement would be that it does what it's suppose to and that's all it does! For the price, albeit a bit expensive, i still think its a sound investment if you want to have much stronger links regarding your arms helping future heavy lifts!

Lets lift this ****! :happy:

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting a pair for a while. I need to pick some up.

Thanks for the review
  • Vortex88
    Vortex88 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great review. I LOVE my fatgripz. They are the only thing that has ever really added significant size to my arms!