How do you handle unexpected Hang Outs or Outings

Options
So I was doing great yesterday. I workded out and ate good up until about dinner time. My boyfriend call and was like his friends taking him out for his belated bday. So of course I have to be there. So we went to wet willies(daiquire bar). I wanted to be good but there really wasn't any healthy choices and the drinks....... let me not get started. So I had one drink(small)... and I did eat a Hickory chicken sandwhich(1/2) and fries, and a piece of birthday cake. I didn't go over my calories but I kind of felt bad that I didnt pick something a little less fatting to eat. Like the friend shrimp or wings lmao. So I only got 3hrs of sleep. And now I have to do 8hrs of work.... Not good when you trying to eat healthy because now I'm on low fuels and want junk food. I SO DIDNT PLAN FOR THIS. LOL I might have to sit today on the bench MFP friends. . I think the unplan is what gets me. But I want to enjoy life and have fun you know? I don't like going out and feeling restricted because I'll be dang if i pay for something i really don't want. lol

So how do you handle unexpected hangouts?????

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    If you can learn to enjoy the unexpected happy events in life, you'll be happier. An occasional unplanned birthday celebration is not going to undue your hard work as long as you resume your normal eating afterwards. Last week, I got an unplanned invitation to a buffet. Oh yeah, I went. I ate. Had carrot cake too. But the next day, got right back to eating in my normal way. Enjoy the moments.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the first reply. If you can't enjoy the odd one off (and you're human, so why not enjoy it?!), then what ARE you ever going to enjoy?

Looks like you found a good compromise. Not everyone wants to be seen as the 'dieter' when out with friends. If you're the one whining about what you can and can't have, the people around you will feel just as bad for you. There's nothing to say you can't indulge, just don't go totally crazy, and tomorrow is another day, so make sure you use it as motivation to get back on track ASAP. A little treat, albeit unexpected, will probably keep you more on track than not having a treat at all.

Good luck, and don't worry!!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do portion control.
    Your allowed to eat everything.

Do some extra workout the next days

And Enjoy it....
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I enjoy those spur of the moment outings but I usually try to exercise just a little more later that day or the next day just to make myself feel better about it!!!
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bumo
  • cjc1961
    cjc1961 Posts: 31
    Options
    I feel like that too re:unexpected outings. You have to live life and life has unexpected things. I agree the next few days be in control, no unplanned snacks, do your workouts and you will be fine.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate these things use to throw me for a loop. Inside the whole time I would be freaking out thinking oh no what is this going to do to my body. So for example we go to this Pizza place a lot I will get a side salad and a personal Pizza that way the portions are in control, or at family dinner aim for lots of veggies to fill you up.

That being said I have also learned you only live once and you can not allow one night of bad eating define who you are. One night will not ruin, months or years of progress. The following day get back on track (yes I agree its hard) and just make sure that 90% of the time you are bang on. Cheers :)
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have limited my social eating life while body shaping, or eat before I go, don't stay long, and leave early. I just can't sit with people around unhealthy food right now. Part of life change for me.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    So I was doing great yesterday. I workded out and ate good up until about dinner time. My boyfriend call and was like his friends taking him out for his belated bday. So of course I have to be there. So we went to wet willies(daiquire bar). I wanted to be good but there really wasn't any healthy choices and the drinks....... let me not get started. So I had one drink(small)... and I did eat a Hickory chicken sandwhich(1/2) and fries, and a piece of birthday cake. I didn't go over my calories but I kind of felt bad that I didnt pick something a little less fatting to eat. Like the friend shrimp or wings lmao. So I only got 3hrs of sleep. And now I have to do 8hrs of work.... Not good when you trying to eat healthy because now I'm on low fuels and want junk food. I SO DIDNT PLAN FOR THIS. LOL I might have to sit today on the bench MFP friends. . I think the unplan is what gets me. But I want to enjoy life and have fun you know? I don't like going out and feeling restricted because I'll be dang if i pay for something i really don't want. lol

So how do you handle unexpected hangouts?????

Eat before you go so you're not hungry. :smile:
    Order a non-alcoholic drink (every bar has them).
    Have a slice or two of cake.