Spinach ?

Options
hottotrot
hottotrot Posts: 44 Member
Spinach anyone ?! Just wondering how or what would you eat it with ? Or do you put it in a shake ?
Got a huge ads bag and need some ideas :)
Thanks in advance !!

Replies

• mazy122
    mazy122 Posts: 5
    Options
    i am not a spinacj lover at all, but to make sure i get it in., i put it in my morning smoothies. i use spinach bananas, yogurt and i buy the bags of frozen mixed berries. you cant even taste it. you need to have a really powerful mixer though so it isnt chuncky
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my salads....half Romaine lettuce mix and half spinach. Also I put it in my smoothies (good option if you don't care for the taste). I chop it up and put it in my spaghetti sauce....and add it to my omletttes and egg scrambles. Hmmm...and I put it on my sandwichs in place of lettuce. Hope that helps!:)
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use frozen nuggets of it in my shakes (you don't taste it - it just takes a bit to get used to the slight greenish tinge it can add depending on what you put in your shake; if you're using a bunch of darker berries then you don't see it at all).

I also have put it into fritatas as one of my ingredients.

If you make pasta sauce, it can also be a good addition.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do a "green monster" every other day: one big handful spinach, one banana, one cup of milk (any kinds), one cup of ice. Blend 2 minutes. Awesome!!!
    Here is a link to some other "green" drinks:
    http://greenmonstermovement.com/?cat=3
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I put spinach in anything i can , pasta, salads, stirfrys, soups, you dont taste it so i just try add it into most things :). xx
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Use it as a pizza topping with feta.

Omeletes

Salads

Add it to mashed potatoes
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I tear it up and put it in my scrambled eggs every morning!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i love putting spinach in smoothies...you can't even taste it
  • Bibliothekar
    Bibliothekar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love spinach! I do a green smoothie every day for breakfast. Google green smoothie and it will give you tons of ideas. Also love having a spinach salad with warm grilled chicken, avocado, tomatos and black olives. Now I'm hungry LOL!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i LOVE it in a shake with egg whites, vanilla protein powder, and almond milk. problem is i started eating too much spinach too fast and ended up getting tummy pain (lol raw spinach can be hard to digest and i was using about 5-6 cups a day haha).

i also really like to sautee it with a drop of olive oil and some lemon juice and add it to EVERYTHING (seriously, any protein, pasta, eggs, beans whatever you're eating!) oh, and cooking it also makes it easier for your body to digest (if you have that problem like i do.

eat up. spinach is some goooooood stuff!
  • kimmybelle84
    kimmybelle84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey how u doing?? Can u tell me or send me a private message of what all u put in the smoothie with the spinach step by step please thanks... I am looking for ways to put veggies in a smoothie but I do need a powerful blender...
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I put it on turkey sandwiches in lieu of lettuce. I also have a couple of Mediterranean recipes that feature spinach prominently: Greek spinach and rice, and Spinach and Chickpeas (one of my favorites!)
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I mix it into a salad with romaine lettuce or blend it with fruit, water, and ice :smile:
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i add it to salad, my omelet in the morning, in smoothies (yogurt, banana& spinach).
  • mazy122
    mazy122 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for the link! i have been looking for some more green drinks :)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I love it in any form, but lately I have been adding it to my pasta dishes.... I chop up fresh baby spinach and just before putting the pasta on the table I will toss it in and stir it so that it gets just wilted! My older kids refuse to eat it (they are too much like their dad and if it's green don't like it), but my baby girl absolutely loves it! She will now just munch on a piece of spinach :wink:
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I put spinach in anything i can , pasta, salads, stirfrys, soups, you dont taste it so i just try add it into most things :). xx

This! Spinach can go in just about anything. I put it in cold grain or bean salads or, of course, regular leafy green salads. I add it to my quiche or frittatas, soups, veggie sautees, mix it with pastas or potatoes, put it in smoothies. I love making any variation of spanakopita, or saag (saag paneer is delish!). It's incredibly versatile.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    * add to smoothies
    * make it one of your salad greens
    * saute and add to omelets
    * put in veg soups
    * put in tomato sauce
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love spinach! I put it in smoothies ( a rare treat for me), I scramble it with eggs and a little cheese some mornings, and I make spinach pizza now and then, I use frozen, thawed spinach for that and cook it with ricotta cheese and sprinkle on a little bacon before putting in the oven. So good. And of course, baby spinach is present in almost all my salads.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I make some variation of this recipe at least once a week. The mexican version is better than the poultry seasoning, but I mix it up to keep it from getting boring.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/1b6po7/quick_and_easy_spinach_and_chicken/