tumblr_m4dxf2MW1r1ru83rio1_400.png
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Maybe? Call me?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Out of my way peasant! Volkswagen Beetle coming through! (it's a diesel. And a stick. No, i don't have a flower in the damn bud vase. I keep a shot of scotch in it)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    probably just in a hurry

CAR-CHASE-CRASH_zps332c0b47.gif
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Try driving in Sao Paulo. I drive into Manhattan every day and after three months of driving in Brazil NYC seems like a pleasant drive through the country.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    95% of the time, I am more important.. mainly because I hate being late.

I cannot stand crappy drivers.. If it says 45, go 45 or 50.. it won't kill you! When you get on a freeway ramp, don't brake at the top because of on-coming traffic or I will rear-end you.

Most importantly.. don't give the stink eye when I zoom around you because you don't know what the hell you are doing on the road!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

I cannot stand crappy drivers.. If it says 45, go 45 or 50.. it won't kill you! When you get on a freeway ramp, don't brake at the top because of on-coming traffic or I will rear-end you.

Most importantly.. don't give the stink eye when I zoom around you because you don't know what the hell you are doing on the road!

Agreed. While I'm not a road rager, I am annoyed by the dips who can figure out how to STOP holding up traffic.

And to top it off some old woman turned right in front of an old teacher and GREAT guy last week, he was on a motorcycle and didn't make it. You can be too OLD to drive just as much as too young to drive!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Signaling is my biggest pet peeve. I can forgive any number of idiotic moves on the road as long as they signal. They rarely do, though.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Then try hauling yourself out of bed ten minutes earlier?

I walk most of the places that I go and what I can't stand is any type of rudeness towards pedestrians for daring to be in the crosswalk, because you have to pause for a whole ten seconds to let them cross the street! This makes me especially angry because generally I have to give myself 45 minutes to an hour to get somewhere in my town that takes around 10-20 minutes to reach by car. Really in my town nothing is more than a 20 minute drive away. If you can't get up early enough to give yourself 20 minutes of driving time, you might need to reexamine your life. And yes, I can see it when you roll your eyes at me as I'm crossing the street, and no, I was here before you zoomed up and I do not have to sprint across because you happen to be in a hurry.
  • LonLB
    Options

Then try hauling yourself out of bed ten minutes earlier?

I walk most of the places that I go and what I can't stand is any type of rudeness towards pedestrians for daring to be in the crosswalk, because you have to pause for a whole ten seconds to let them cross the street! This makes me especially angry because generally I have to give myself 45 minutes to an hour to get somewhere in my town that takes around 10-20 minutes to reach by car. Really in my town nothing is more than a 20 minute drive away. If you can't get up early enough to give yourself 20 minutes of driving time, you might need to reexamine your life. And yes, I can see it when you roll your eyes at me as I'm crossing the street, and no, I was here before you zoomed up and I do not have to sprint across because you happen to be in a hurry.

While I'm sick of pedestrians I was following you until that last sentence. Now, i think that you 'could' have the eye rolls you have coming to you.

Do people expect you to sprint? No. Do they expect you to hurry. YES. It's just being courteous to cross quickly and move out of the way.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I hate those jack *kitten* who bypass everybody waiting at line where you merge for a construction zone. They are the ones who cause the line in the first place. Same with the ones who exit and then get back on at the onramp to bypass everyone waitng. :grumble:
  • LonLB
    Options
    And to clarify the "I'm sick of pedestrians". I see people PURPOSELY walking so slow in the street that you HAVE to slow down for them. Not a normal walk. Certainly not a quick walk. More like a sloth slumbering kind of walk.

When driving through a cross walk how many people will just pile out of an entrance to a store with ZERO concern for how long and how many people you may have already stopped and waited for.

I can't stand it when someone crosses in front of you at a steep angle instead of walking strait across. AGAIN SPEED THIS UP! Or in a parking lot someone walks right in the middle of the driving lanes.

That kinda thing.
  • LonLB
    Options
    I hate those jack *kitten* who bypass everybody waiting at line where you merge for a construction zone. They are the ones who cause the line in the first place. Same with the ones who exit and then get back on at the onramp to bypass everyone waitng. :grumble:

GOD YES! That is the only time I'll road rage...Usually by following the car in front of me but in the other lane so nobody can pass us.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    And to clarify the "I'm sick of pedestrians". I see people PURPOSELY walking so slow in the street that you HAVE to slow down for them. Not a normal walk. Certainly not a quick walk. More like a sloth slumbering kind of walk.

When driving through a cross walk how many people will just pile out of an entrance to a store with ZERO concern for how long and how many people you may have already stopped and waited for.

I can't stand it when someone crosses in front of you at a steep angle instead of walking strait across. AGAIN SPEED THIS UP! Or in a parking lot someone walks right in the middle of the driving lanes.

That kinda thing.

I always walk quickly, but I'm not going to walk faster than I already do because I'm walking in front of you. You are already going 4-5 times faster than I am and need to just chill the hell out. Waiting for someone to cross the street isn't going to kill you. I have to wait to cross the road until you get out of the way, and that can add 2-10 minutes to my travel time depending on the time of day, and you're whining about having to wait 2-10 seconds?

Also, I always cross diagonally if I am crossing two roads at once and it is safe to do so. One of the few perks of walking is that you get to take the shortest route between places. Again, if you have to wait an extra ten seconds at a stop light and you feel like whining about it, you need perspective or medication.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I am more important. :tongue:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    So many rude drivers who think that THEY are the only people whose time matters. You do not own the road. I hate the dodging in and out of lanes to gain one or two car lengths. I do NOT drive faster than the speed limit, if you are running late it's not my problem. Pedestrians have the right of way, just hold your horses and wait a minute.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

That kinda thing.

THIS!!

THIS!!!

I always walk quickly, but I'm not going to walk faster than I already do because I'm walking in front of you. You are already going 4-5 times faster than I am and need to just chill the hell out. Waiting for someone to cross the street isn't going to kill you. I have to wait to cross the road until you get out of the way, and that can add 2-10 minutes to my travel time depending on the time of day, and you're whining about having to wait 2-10 seconds?

Also, I always cross diagonally if I am crossing two roads at once and it is safe to do so. One of the few perks of walking is that you get to take the shortest route between places. Again, if you have to wait an extra ten seconds at a stop light and you feel like whining about it, you need perspective or medication.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

OMG that's me. I just love doing that.

ETA: It's not illegal or wrong. In fact it's illegal for cars to block and not allow someone in who is merging.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

I'll often position myself to block them if it won't further halt traffic behind me. It's one of my great pleasures in life and often makes the time spent sitting in traffic worthwhile when I see them bust a blood vessel while stuck behind me.