Who's pushing for that last 10 pounds??

Options

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    also as I got closer to my goal....I realized the game had completely changed...no more diet was a key and also thinking training and eating like an athlete...not someone who had 10 lbs to go..hope this helps
  • angrystarlyt
    angrystarlyt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep, the last 10 is definitely the hardest. I know that plateaus happen, but for me, that's also where my motivation begins to sag. I think "Man, I've already done so well! These cookies won't make a difference." And sure, maybe the don't make me GAIN weight...but I'm constantly sabotaging myself into not LOSING weight. My self-discipline needs retuning at that point :)
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ditto.
    I am on my last ten and it is killing me trying to get rid of it. Blech
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Pick me! hahaha I'm going on my deficit again in a week and a half since I wanted to take a couple months to build muscle... Hopefully I'll drop the last layer pretty quick... String bikini here I come!!!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yep, the last 10 is definitely the hardest. I know that plateaus happen, but for me, that's also where my motivation begins to sag. I think "Man, I've already done so well! These cookies won't make a difference." And sure, maybe the don't make me GAIN weight...but I'm constantly sabotaging myself into not LOSING weight. My self-discipline needs retuning at that point :)

This is my problem...I've been slacking because I've already done so well and I'm at a good weight for my height but I still have some fat that needs to go! Last night at Chili's I had a salad but then caved into this chocolate fudgey ice cream cakey thing thinking ehh it won't hurt...but I keep doing that so yes it will eventually catch up to me!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    ME TOO TWINSSSSSSS
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Pick me! hahaha I'm going on my deficit again in a week and a half since I wanted to take a couple months to build muscle... Hopefully I'll drop the last layer pretty quick... String bikini here I come!!!

Is that your baby? So cute! How old? I have a string bikini with my name on it...beach trip scheduled June 25th ughhhhh
  • cfblais
    cfblais Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was highly motivated back in November and lost 15 pounds by January, but then, stalled out. Everyone was telling me how great I looked and that I shouldn't lose more weight. The trouble is, losing weight has left me a little 'squishy' through the middle. I can feel all of that muscle I've built over the months lying just under that inch of fat I'm still hanging onto. I'f I could just drop 5 lbs of fat, I think I'd be satisfied...but it's not happening. I have found myself getting lazy in the last few weeks about counting calories and haven't been able to run due to an overuse injury. Overall, I can see I've gained a few pounds and feel like I've gone off track. I seem better able to eat right and exercise during the week, but on the weekend, all of that hard work just seems to go out the window, especially now that summer is here. I found that when I was religiously counting calories, I was getting a little obsessive (and stressed) over it. I feel a little more like myself when I allow some flexibility - however - that isn't moving the needle on the scale. Trying to find the balance. It isn't easy!! Sometimes I wonder if I did actually reach that goal, how easy would it be to maintain it. Is it possible I'm already at the weight my body wants to be?
  • HiLisette
    HiLisette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness I thought it was just me! I call it the yoyo pounds, been going up and down for weeks lol. I'm determined to get there by my birthday though, just gonna work a little harder =)
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! So stubborn...:grumble:
    I know I need to intensify my workouts and start lifting heavier weights and strengthening up, and I have been debating on a gym membership for months to get started on that.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I'm down to my last 12... we'll see this week at my weigh in how I do. I know the last 10 have always been hardest for me (Since my highest weight, I've dropped 35.2 pounds).
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for 15 pounds since November. The closer you are to goal...the harder it is! Feel free to add me...I can use all the help I can get! haha
  • trulabfloyd
    trulabfloyd Posts: 50
    Options
    I AM!! I KEEP TAKING OFF AND PUTTING BACK ON FIVE LBS. AND TODAY DOWN FIVE BUT I HAVE THE LAST 10 THAT HAVE BEEN HAUNTING ME FOR YEARS. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. :sad:
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    been trying to shed the last 10 for last year still havent after dropping almost 80
  • wpgjetsgirl
    wpgjetsgirl Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm about 3lbs into that last 10lbs!! I'm sort of concerned about how hard it will be to lose BUT all I have to do is adjust my diet and exercise according to my lifestyle as it changes, as it seems to always do... it might take 3 months, I'm guessing. Possibly more!! But, it's not a race, really. Not if I want to keep it off. Developing good habits is important too!! :ohwell:
  • SylLab
    SylLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last three pounds *Yippeee* It is so hard. The last pound I lost took me 6 weeks to loose. Frustrating but you can never give up!!
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I have 16 more to go, but my ideal weight range is 141-151lbs. according to my height & body frame. I'm 156lbs. right now, and my weight won't budge but I am determined to do anything and everything to get there in the coming months...or even year if it takes that long.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Meeeee!! OMG please help me with those last pounds!!! LOL
  • DancesWithBirds
    DancesWithBirds Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just got down to my last 9 pounds last week and I broke my bathroom scale this week. It will probably be awhile before I can replace it, and I'm sure when I do my new scale will be calibrated slightly differently and may show a gain even if it didn't happen. In the meantime, I had to increase my calories because I've been so tired, so it's going to take some faith to stick with the increase even when I can't see what the scale results are. I'm not sure it matters what my weight is (or so I keep telling myself!) I am planning on slowly increasing my calories over the summer to fuel my strength training and other exercises and I'm hoping to keep replacing fat with muscle and see my waist line shrink even if my scale number doesn't. We shall see.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've been on the last 10 for a few months but I've kinda lost interest in the scale. New goals are increasing running distance, lifting heavier things and hitting my macros. Also trying to lower bf%.