What's important: length, girth or firmness?

Options

Replies

• SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Now, you absolutely need the proper firmness. For girth, I'd go with "coffee can" size. For length, nothing short of a foot will do.

:noway:

lol
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Need this on my news feed.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    want this in my feed before it gets locked
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options

^^This is my favorite as well. I actually have the shorter one... Surprise, length is a nice feature. :)
    [/quote]Just checking, and they do sell those in the UK, thanks. Not the cheapest and they look a bit like a torture device, but two endorsements has got to be good!

Are rollers better than massage sticks? Do I need to lay down or just use my hands?
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Helpful thread, thanks Berry. This is something I've been wondering about.

Also, do you get what you pay for or can you get away with something cheaper?

eg http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/76142190_plat_a1.jpg at £6

also, technique is a bit scary for a beginner... any useful websites/videos?
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It's not just about the size or firmness.....it's what we do with it that counts..... :blushing:
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    As a beginner you should be looking to get your hands on as many as possible to see what you might like.

hahaha....Best answer ever!
  • BerryH
    Options
    Helpful thread, thanks Berry. This is something I've been wondering about.

Also, do you get what you pay for or can you get away with something cheaper?

eg http://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/76142190_plat_a1.jpg at £6

also, technique is a bit scary for a beginner... any useful websites/videos?
    Now that's more like it price-wise, thanks, if I can get relief AND save money, everyone's a winner!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I've heard some come with covers. Is this true?! :noway:
  • BerryH
    Options
    That sounds... unhygienic.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    IN 4 awesome thread title.:flowerforyou:

^^lol Yup!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If one isn't working you could always use two. You know, one for each side simultaneously.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have a small one. it's about a foot, and the size of a coffee can. it's a black one. i have to keep it out of reach or the cats scratch at it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That sounds... unhygienic.

This just fine, you will need to wash it once in a while however.
  • sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Or are position and action all that matters?

I need a foam roller to iron out some hip and knee niggles from running and there are so many factors to take into consideration!

Ideally all of the above of course. But that's about as hard to find than a cross between a dinosaur and a unicorn.
    My question is, however, should I log this awesome laugh I just had as ab exercises?
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think length and girth are a matter of personal preference, but you're not going to get much done without firmness.
    [/quote]

LOL I love this! :D
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Well that title wakes a forum surfer! :wink: :smokin:
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    You can have all three, but if you dont know how to use it, it would still not get the job done.

Very true!!!

It's not the size of the "noodle", but the proper installation and usage that matters. Make sure to read all instructions before use, you put the "noodle" in the wrong place and you could do more harm than good.