Spartan Run!!

Options
JCM1969
JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
Just completed the Spartan Military Sprint at Fort Carson CO.
4.5 miles and 28 obstacles.
Im bruised battered and scraped and Im already planning my next challenge.. (Tough Mudder??)
It was AWESOME! If anyone is wondering whether they should try it or not... do it! I highly rec. it!

Replies

• faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Super Duper Congrats! :D
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love all obstacle course runs!

I'm doing my Spartan Trifecta this year (Sprint, Super, and Beast within the year).

Also love Tough Mudders!

If anyone is signing up for a Spartan, this link will give you 15% off! http://share.spartanrace.com/x/QYbhr
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder will be next year for me. Hero's Rush (with the family) and Savage Race this year. Coincidentally, I started a similar topic just a while ago.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I know this may not be as "tough" as yours, but I am doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run in November :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I am doing the sprint in Calgary this year :)
  • JCM1969
    Options
    It was hard! But I had so much fun! There arent many events here in MT... but I keep searching for another one. Ill look up Savage Run. Thanks.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Congrats!! I also did the military race last weekend. It was so much fun! I am all signed up for the Tough Mudder at Beaver Creek, CO June 15. I would say do the Tough Mudder! Last year, I completed the Spartan Trifecta (CO Military, Utah Beast, Midweast Super), the Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash. Spartan Races are my favorite for sure and I'm not going to lie I am a little nervous about the Tough Mudder this year.
  • rav52
    rav52 Posts: 495
    Options
    Hero Rush was amazing!! Getting ready now for Warrior Dash, Rebel Race and Dirty Girl Mud run. Working my way to do Tough Mudder and the Spartan Race
  • JCM1969
    Options
    Great job all you muddy folks!
    So you were at the same race I was Nikki? Very cool!
    I think we are looking at Tough Mudder in CO in 2014.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job all you muddy folks!
    So you were at the same race I was Nikki? Very cool!
    I think we are looking at Tough Mudder in CO in 2014.

Yes, I did the race on Saturday at 12:30pm heat. I heard Sunday was rough since it was so cold. I thought Sat had perfect weather.
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    First timer here and going all out....doing Spartan Super in Montreal at the end of June :)
  • JCM1969
    Options
    Nice job!! Super Spartan! I wish there was one around here! Good luck!
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! I did that race too, on Sunday though. It was COLD but a lot of fun :-) That was my first serious mud race and I'm addicted. I'm trying the Spartan Beast next in August.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am doing the spartan sprint here in August!
    what kind of obstacles were there?! WERE THEY MEAN?
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    Seems like there are certain staple obstacles such as mud pits, over/under/through walls, spear throw, traverse walls, rope climbs, etc. They were definitely hard, and it seemed very few made it through without doing burpees. I ended up doing 125 burpees (5 are required). I missed the spear throw, traverse wall, one of the mud pit obstacles, and the rope climb. The hardest part I found was carrying weight up steep mountain sides. Good luck, it was definitely worth it - finishing the race felt so good!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yep I did the same race in Ft Carson last week --- my first obstacle course-type race, and it was a lot of fun!

Fell from the top of the rope climb ... definitely need some technique w that one I think! :D
  • JCM1969
    Options
    I know the feeling Im addicted now!!
    I did burpees on the spear throw and the rope climb at the end....
    I found the muddy slanted wall with the rope the hardest...
    I was most proud of completing the traverse wall!
    How long is a beast?? Where is it? Gosh.. They need more races in Montana!!
  • JCM1969
    Options
    Were they mean?? Do you mean the people running it? NO! Everyone was very encouraging and cheering you on.... It seemed like the guy who was spraying us with the fire hose as we crawled under the barbed wire was mean... but he was just doing his job!
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mud Heros in Red Deer this year,,,am I scared? Heck ya I am, excited for sure...
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the sprint in Boston in August, so I've been looking for others who have done it. I will be honest, I am scared to death. I hate running. I hate burpees. But it will be fundraiser and it will make me work really hard over the next 3 months to get in shape and strong! I ran my first 5k last month and my next one is in June.

What type of training did other people do to get ready for it?