Anyone open their diaries to the public?

Options
i have mine open since i have nothing to hide. i was wondering if anyone else does the same.

i see no point in hiding a diary actually... it's not like you're putting your personal information online like facebook.

Replies

• shellbatronic
    shellbatronic Posts: 193
    Options
    Mine's public, I'm not hoarding the secret of turkey bacon all to myself.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    my diary is open to the public, but that is largely because i stay anonymous on my MFP profile:
    my real name is never used, and my face and tattoos are blurred in all my images.

if i ever linked my MFP tp my facebook, i don't think i would be as open with my diary.

only my mom and my best friend are people from "real life" that i allow to know who i am on MFP
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    mines not open to public
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Open. Feel free to browse
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Mine is now public. It's easier that way if I need as a nutrition question.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    mine's open. if people are interested in what i eat have at it. i see no reason to be secretive. some days i go over some days i'm right on track and some days i eat chocolate cake and ice cream.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't but not because I have anything to hide. I've just never taken the time to open it. Maybe I will today and share the EXCITING entries that are my food. nom nom nom
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Public, feel free to browse, critique, give me some pointers.

Also feel free to add me as a friend if your inclined to.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I have nothing to hide but its also isn't everyone's business either. Its open to my friends, in the past, I've opened it by request to people not on my fl
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I don't entirely know what I'm doing, so I left mine open in a passive bid for help... You know, in case someone who really does know what he or she is doing takes a passing glance and wants to drop me line...

Hint hint. :P

Also, I haven't gone out of the way to be anonymous or hide my identity, but I certainly won't be linking MFP to a social account like Facebook. I like all of you guys, but I also like that you don't know me "in real life". And I probably don't need my coworkers following my diet.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't keep mine open to the public because I know I make healthy eating choices and I don't want anyone else telling me I am eating too much or too little.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    And give away my secrets for free!?!?!?! yea, it's public.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and fairly uninteresting.
  • Rikki_Sixx
    Rikki_Sixx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine is open - if I know that someone can see what I'm eating, I'm a little more inclined to behave myself!
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I made it open for my friends to give me advice and support.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mine is open - if I know that someone can see what I'm eating, I'm a little more inclined to behave myself!

This too!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    mine is open to friends :) i will however accept people who send me a message
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mine is only open to friends. People rarely make comments on what I eat anyway... If I was asking for food advice on the forum, I may open it. Right now at this point, there really isn't a need.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Mine's open because I don't really care if people see what I eat.
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    I'm new to MFP so i've not even explored it properly!

Would i leave it open for all to view? I'd like to say yes, but i'm a manic diarist anyway so i'd have to be really strict with myself and the amount of information I post. Lol. I dont think anyone would be interested in what time i woke up, and which pain in the backside patient i'd seen that day. I'd have to be disciplined and keep it to food only! lol.