Chef Boyardee

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
My boyfriend absolutely loves Chef Boyardee... and I like it, too, but I have been dieting very seriously. Now, he's at work and I am home alone and positively CRAVING some. My question is... from a nutritional standpoint, how does Chef Boyardee rate?

Replies

• shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Oh, YUM... Chef Boyardee Ravioli... I'm drooling!! LOL

Seriously, check it out in the food database... looks like ravioli is about 240 calories...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get much worse, full of preservatives, salt, a fair bit of fat, white pasta (which is essentially sugar). A little and not often should be okay, but it should by no means be part of your "regular" foods.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A lot of sodium, a lot of white carbs, processed meats and tomato sauce--it's a lot of calories for not much nutrition at all, IMO. But, if having some satisfies the craving so you can move on and continue to eat healthy and work towards your goals, I say go for it! :-) I always crave Mac and cheese. (Pretty much the same deal.)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's highly processed and high in sodium but I think there is nothing wrong with that kind of stuff once in a while.
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Nutritionally, it is absolutely horrible. I mean, even if you have room for the extra calories - it is just full of crap for your body.
  • LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    I was at the grocery store the other day and it was on sale buy one get one. I looked at the label and then walked away. When I went home I put the can I already had in the pantry into my give away bag. As much as I love the stuff it does not fit into my diet at all. I like beef ravioli though and that may be worse then some of the others.

If you absolutely feel like you HAVE to do it then do a smaller portion.

Good Luck!

Pam
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    This reminds me of the days when opening a can of Spaghetti-Os was considered a dinner for me. I have two cans in my pantry, and will enjoy half a can (when/if) the craving comes, but I won't be buying any more again.

If you break down, enjoy! :-)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Just have to say - OH YUCK!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the other posts but I have seen a "reduced fat" or "fat free" version in stores.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get much worse, full of preservatives, salt, a fair bit of fat, white pasta (which is essentially sugar). A little and not often should be okay, but it should by no means be part of your "regular" foods.

^^^This.

I wouldn't feed it to my kids.