Options

Replies

• Lucyinthesky71
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration you are!! I agree with so much you said abt. blasting it out there, etc. I feel like when people know what I am doing I have someone counting on me almost, or someone there who expects certain things of me...WTG, you look so awesome!!
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    HOW AMAZING DO YOU LOOK!!!
    wowowowowo!!, bloody well done on all your hard work, and determination, you show how anything is possible!!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    amazing difference! congratulations! I love the faq at the end :P
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • sherri734raymond
    Options
    very impressed!! YOU LOOK GREAT !! JOB WELL DONE!!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WOW! YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL so glad you're not doing the binge/purge thing now-brilliant well done you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    Way to go! You have done fantastic work with an amazing attitude. You look amazing and i hope you feel as amazing!!1 CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You've done what very few people on the planet can do...you've stuck to your goals and achieved absolutely AWESOME results.

I applaud your devotion and dedication.

GREAT JOB!
  • prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you for giving me hope and being such an inspiration.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    you rock! congrats!
  • RSuweidan
    RSuweidan Posts: 1
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and an inspiration to anyone who needs to lose a lot of weight. You look fabulous!
  • transformationofsoul
    transformationofsoul Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have had a history of binge eating and bulimia since High School and I finally figured out why I was doing it after a few years of therapy. Soooooo I had already been eating a little better and working out a little and that was just the push I needed to keep me going in the right direction and to do it the healthiest way I could. I thought it would take longer than a year and a half but here I am.

I think the biggest thing was using this site and the app on my phone at first to keep track of what I ate. I had no idea I was actually eating 5,000+ calories every day. No wonder I was pushing 300lbs (308 at one point). Once I got used to what I was supposed to be eating, it was pretty easy for me to just stick to that and just eat when I was hungry. I also hardly craved the same junk I ate before. It helped me learn how to cook for myself and my tastes just changed.

The last few months though haven't been all will power though. I started having seizures on New Years Eve and we still haven't figured out exactly why. My anti-epileptic medications have been making me feel like crap on and off so my diet has been sort of hit or miss. All I know is that I haven't gained anything back and I haven't binged or purged in well over a year. It feels awesome.

I just watched a video I made 11 weeks into my weight loss journey that was made as a message to my future self for when I hit my goal weight. It could have been watched over the weekend but I wasn't reminded of it until tonight. I cried when I made the video and I cried when I watched it. I can't believe I've lost over 1/2 my body weight since December 2011 . . . I really can't. From 298 to 146. A size 22-26/4X (I think) to a 6-8/S now.

Thank you to everyone that has been here for me this entire time. You've been more help this last year and a half than you may realize.

946914_652669841417058_1700525442_n.jpg

945649_652669804750395_1439069130_n.jpg

I've heard/seen people say that everyone looks so crappy in their before pictures and then dresses all up in their after pictures so they look even better . . . so here I am. Lookin' like *kitten* and lookin' like *kitten* tired. :) My pants are fluffy and my tummy is not. This makes me happy.

To add:

Do I have extra skin?
    Hell to the **** yes, I do. It's tightening up slowly though. I guess that's a perk to being 26 and well hydrated?

What did I eat?
    Whatever the **** I wanted. Just smaller amounts. Once my tastes changed, a lot of the junk made it's way out on it's own.

What exercises did I do?
    I used to run. A lot. I also used to use a book called Convict Conditioning. Now I mainly just walk to and from work and then walk on my breaks. I also go to the amusement park in town and run around like an idiot on weekends.

What advice can I give?
    Don't give up on yourself. Ever. Just don't. Trust me. I ****ed up a lot and I still do. It's normal. Just bounce back from it and don't let it be the end of you. Find yourself a support system. Post about it all over your facebook if you want . . . that's what I did. The more you put yourself out there: the more likely you are to keep up with it rather than slip back or become a recluse. Also, make a video to your future self. I cried watching it tonight and even just seeing the file on my desktop every now and then knowing I couldn't let myself watch it until I hit my goal would push me sometimes.

So inspirational .. thanks for sharing, you look amazing :-)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done and congratulations on overcoming your demons to find the healthier you!
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is a by-product of the amazing inner work and transformation. But what a wonderful by-product it is. You are one of those people who really DOES look like a completely different person in your AFTER picture. I have such compassion for you! And now, you can offer your strength and inspiration to others who need it... What a gift you are.

ditto. the ability to say that you haven't binged/purged in over a year is a TREMENDOUS achievement. :) congrats a million times over! and thanks for sharing
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing well done
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow you seriously look amazing. What a great success story, I hope they figure out your seizure thing and that you are okay. Once again AMAZING!!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You probably have one of the more amazing transformations. You look just great and should be so f-ing proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!