Has anyone tried THE OVERNIGHT DIET by Dr Apovian?

Options
How was your experience? How many pounds did you loose?

According to the diet you could loose 2 pound the first day and 9'pounds the first week

I started on Monday and weighting at 204.9 pounds and today I weight 201.0 :blushing:

Replies

• b0bbystewart
    b0bbystewart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So, you lost water weight? I Just googled it and it looks like it is a mixture of Intermittent Fasting (Which I do) and Calorie Restriction (which most on this site do). Yes, it will work but the first week loss is likely 90% water and if you go back to eating normally it will come back quickly.

Edit: From a Huffington Post Article -

"I keep waiting for us to get tired of going after the new fad diet. But our appetite for these things is insatiable in the culture," David L. Katz M.D., MPH, FACPM, FACP and director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center told HuffPost Healthy Living. "The reason this can work in the short term is that it imposes rules. If you go from undisciplined eating, to any diet no matter what the rules are, chances are you'll lose some weight. But it's not a realistic way to live."
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    agreed water weight. Calorie restriction is calorie restriction. good lcuk in your endeavors op
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I never eat while sleeping. Incredibly dangerous.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Agreed. Every time I try it I wake up choking on something. Maybe it's a food allergy, but I am doubtful.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Quinn_laughing.gif
    tumblr_mky7dgHost1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
    tumblr_inline_mkhaceM4bg1qz4rgp.gif
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    no easy fix. it will be back in a week.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Quinn_laughing.gif

this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    First post :noway:

All the others; chuckle, giggle, snort, etc.........:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Quinn_laughing.gif
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No way. I believe that losing weight is a journey and that the only way to lose weight is to gradually, over time, undo some of the bad habits that once were established and make a change for the better by making healthier lifestyle choices.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    30j77t1.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Oh, you don't suffer from food dreams? I do and they're delicious!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Learn portion control, eat a balanced diet, lose weight.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Quinn_laughing.gif

I just want to stare at the picture of Jason Bateman : )
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Learn portion control, eat a balanced diet, lose weight.

^ This right here, along with some form of exercise .
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    So, you lost water weight? I Just googled it and it looks like it is a mixture of Intermittent Fasting (Which I do) and Calorie Restriction (which most on this site do). Yes, it will work but the first week loss is likely 90% water and if you go back to eating normally it will come back quickly.

Edit: From a Huffington Post Article -

"I keep waiting for us to get tired of going after the new fad diet. But our appetite for these things is insatiable in the culture," David L. Katz M.D., MPH, FACPM, FACP and director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center told HuffPost Healthy Living. "The reason this can work in the short term is that it imposes rules. If you go from undisciplined eating, to any diet no matter what the rules are, chances are you'll lose some weight. But it's not a realistic way to live."
    :drinker:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

My mom used to eat in her sleep when I was younger. She cut her finger once too.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Queue the "You guise don't hafta be so mean" post in 5......4......3.....2......
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You guise don't hafta be so mean.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Queue the way too long post about how mfp is supposed to be a supportive environment and we should not bring down other peoples choices of diets. then finish with a generic, sounds good op let me know your results