What's important: length, girth or firmness?

Options

Replies

• sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If one isn't working you could always use two. You know, one for each side simultaneously.

DYING
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The firmness and position are the first two things. The length and girth depend on you. Test and see how you go down, some get down on their knees but others somehow always manage to turn around and take the hit on their behind. If you find yourself on your knees a lot then girth might be more important. The main thing length does is allow you to ignore or not worry about good positioning cause the length covers it all. I hope this helps.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i have a small one. it's about a foot, and the size of a coffee can. it's a black one. i have to keep it out of reach or the cats scratch at it.

:noway: cats do the darnedest things when you are not looking...
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    So many misleading topics today :(:(
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Not trying to burst any bubbles for those with smaller ones, but size matters, no matter how you use it. Mostly girth, but if it is too short in legnth you might never be able to position right and it will keep coming out and you'll fuss with getting back on it.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    All this thread tells me is that I'm royally F*&^ed!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    i have a small one. it's about a foot, and the size of a coffee can. it's a black one. i have to keep it out of reach or the cats scratch at it.

cat-yoga.gif
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

Well can you blame them? I mean, is there anything a kitty would want more?

PS
    Serious points for being humble. Just sayin'.
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Or are position and action all that matters?

I need a foam roller to iron out some hip and knee niggles from running and there are so many factors to take into consideration!

If you are new to foam rolling get a smooth one that is longer than you are at your widest point and firm. As far as the girth, I would get the wider one. The ones that are textured will hurt if you haven't been rolling for a while.

Foam rolling is great and has helped me a lot with DOMS, but when you release those pressure points for the first time it can be painful...not the sharp pain that comes from twisting a joint, less intense. Most rollers come with an instruction booklet and there are several good books on Amazon.

Good luck.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

cat-yoga.gif

Going for fish?
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Or are position and action all that matters?

I need a foam roller to iron out some hip and knee niggles from running and there are so many factors to take into consideration!

Wouldn't the color of "it" be of your preference too? ;)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Wow I was thinking of a whole different subject. Sorry my mind stays in the gutter
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

When I lived in Washington State, I was wakling around my apartment with my ... foam roller loose, and my cat jumped off the couch and clawed at it. I couldn't use the thing for a couple of days. My gf at the time laughed really hard about that.
  • tanetti
    tanetti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really love my Grid roller but wish I'd gotten the longer model (link below). And it's orange! It's worth the extra $$$. My cheaper ones were ineffective after about a month or so but I've had the Grid for about 6 months and it's still good as new.

http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-Performance-Revolutionary-Roller/dp/B006GUCAFG/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1368030465&sr=1-3&keywords=the+grid
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Two out of three ain't bad!

Now I gotta plan meatloaf for dinner. :ohwell:
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can have all three, but if you dont know how to use it, it would still not get the job done.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    IN 4 awesome thread title.:flowerforyou:

Totes.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Two out of three ain't bad!

Now I gotta plan meatloaf for dinner. :ohwell:

Ok...:flowerforyou: because of this reference! :heart:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just HAVE to have this in my news feed!!! :tongue:
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I came in b/c my friend Berry posted a hilarious title but now I need to know WTH foamrolling is?