This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is both amusing and horrifying. I use Photoshop too, but I use to to digitally paint from scratch. I'm actually spending a lot of time learning to add in pores/hairs/veins to make them more real, instead of leaving my drawings too smooth and fake looking.

I don't blame the tool, but the "beauty" industry sucks.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • laurajcrampton
    Options
    Bump!
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    #7 the compilation photo.
    0126-kourtney-kardashian.jpg

Look for heavily shopped images that look normal enough, but you don't know why it seems "off" You'll notice here, a mysterious floating head, also her wrist seems a little odd doesn't it?
    The second image is from the same photo shoot. They first turned her white shirt lavender, and the babies shirt white. Now you can see it don't you?
    The magazine cover is actually, from what I can tell at least 4 different photos compiled together. Notice her hands are the exact same, but the baby is different (and his head is floating). Her head from a different photo than the body. Not to mention the heavy work done on her "drop that baby weight" body. I think it's just terrible the pressure they put on new moms just to sell magazines.

I'm going to take off for the night, but I can keep finding them if it looks like the conversation shows enough interest, i don't want to bug the MFP world lol
    Wow thanks for sharing these!!! The floating head thing is so obvious now you pointed it out! As for this one with the baby, I wonder why they bothered doing a photo shoot really, if all they were going to do was stick different bits together and then change the colours, they could have just taken them off google or something lol.

I think I read somewhere that the Kardashian Christmas photo is done that way. They are all so busy that they can't get together so they photoshop everyone in. Take a look at one of them and it is pretty obvious.

KARDASHIAN-CHRISTMAS-CARD.jpg
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that the Kardashian Christmas photo is done that way. They are all so busy that they can't get together so they photoshop everyone in. Take a look at one of them and it is pretty obvious.

Lol, yeah, it looks like there's at least 3 different light sources - none of them conflicting on any single person, of course!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I trained in graphic design before I became a hairdresser so I can also spot the photoshopping in many images. Especially now I work in a fashion industry, I find the hair magazines and fashion books we look through so painful to look at, the high fashion ones are the worst!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a wonderful thread! Feeling MUCH better about pics of myself!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

And not ONE of them is smiling. Merry Christmas.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Tagging to follow. Thanks for this! This is great insight into just how much the images are manipulated.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

And not ONE of them is smiling. Merry Christmas.

That's called botox.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    megan-fox-maxim-magazine-cover-1291420005.jpg

#2 Amazing detail on eyes and lips, but no pores? This GA was good because they knew to leave some detail on the skin in, that is the small hairs in the shadow, but around the nose and cheek area she is missing all of her pores - the poor girl.
    Also, the girl does have amazing blue eyes, but those were not only "popped" they were shopped to look even deeper. Google her real eyes for a comparison.

Love it...thanks!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this should be required education for all our little girls and boys.

Also,

I want to be photoshopped! Why? Cuz I'm pretty smoking as is.. it'd be amazing to see what I would look like with all those touch ups :) haha.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    More please!
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    #7 the compilation photo.
    0126-kourtney-kardashian.jpg

As a new mom, thank you for pointing this one out. She looked fantastic in the unshopped pic and the baby was resting on her body.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks.