In desperate need to fit into my wedding dress

Options

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    That dress is awesome!

As others have said, your goal is doable but you're going to have to be very diligent over the next few months. Don't concentrate on just the number on the scale but also use measurements, how you're feeling and how your clothes feel to help gauge your progress. I "gained" 2.4# one week but the jeans that were a tad tight the week before fit perfectly the morning I logged my "gain".

Set yourself up with a decent calorie deficit. Too large of a deficit can slow/hinder progress as much as too small of one. This is a great post with resources to determine your calorie goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Get on an exercise program that also has weight training which will help retain muscle as you lose weight. Be sure to drink plenty of water. If not already using one, get a food scale and weigh and measure everything. Depending on you and your personality, you may find more success to continue to eat what you normally eat, just in better portions. With the exception of cutting out soda completely and cutting way, way, way back on eating out, I still eat everything I ate before but just in better portions. I still have fast food from time to time and "indulge" my sweet/chocolate tooth daily. If I didn't, I'd end up bingeing on them (which for me would be eating 10 Oreos instead of 4 and feel guilty about it).

Good luck with your goal!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Work on losing some inches rather than the scale weight... I lost inches all over when I did 30 Day Shred and now that I'm doing p90x, but I didn't lose much scale weight. Commit to a workout programme and keep yourself accountable for it and keep measuring!

This! Good luck, and feel free to add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Focus on inches. I did 30 day shred and lost about 6 lbs and 4.6 inches (total) in 30 days. Some people have lost more.
    INCHES will get you into the dress....maybe not weight lost.

edit: to add: The dress is gorgeous and you look amazing in it. If you have to alter it, then do what makes YOU feel good for your wedding day!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It will be a challenge, but buckle down and you will get to your goal! I am a Sept 7th bride :)
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wanted that to be our wedding day, but our venue was taken. We're Sept 14th
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I respect trying to lose weight and set goals, but to set such expectations near your wedding, which is already a stressful time, seems unrealistic. Especially when you mentioned anxiety, depression, and binge eating.

What you could do is take it to the tailor and if the back allows, just ask them to make eyelet holes for a corset backing. That way you can adjust it to be as loose or tight as you need and it will still have a stylish, romantic look to it.

Either way, it's your wedding. Be happy and feel beautiful and please don't ruin the months leading up to it with beating yourself up or working yourself to the bone! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Losing that amount of weight is entirely possible if you're diligent and consistent. However, that will not mean that you will go down two sizes. Good luck!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself, whether you lose all the weight or not, whether or not you fit in the dress as it is. You might not need to lose 20 pounds to lose 2 sizes. No matter what happens, you will be a gorgeous bride.

Congratulations on not gaining weight during what can be a very stressful time.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Did you see the body revolution success story? I would recommend that or something like P90X or Insanity..

Is 2 months the absolute time you must go for a first fitting? I would contact your dress shop and find out how much further you can push it out. I mean, people get married in less time than that.. they have to make some kind of accommodation!
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    honestly I think you can do it
    If you stay super focues and motivated! And keep a happy attitude :)
    Let me tell you what I did real quick and seemed to have helped me a whole lot
    and yes its going to be very hard but Try it

No bread!!!!!!! No fried Foods!!!!!!!!!!!! No flour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eat a whole lot of fruit and veggies
    load up on salads and protein
    and yes workout
    I did this and kept my calorie allowance and lost 3 pounds in 7 days
    Drink a whole lotta water!!!!!
    eat a lot of fish instead of red meat (I had red meat once a week and one cheat day light not crazy)
    low Carbs!!!
    Hope I can help
    cant wait to see you in that dress :flowerforyou:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I wanted that to be our wedding day, but our venue was taken. We're Sept 14th
    That's the day we're planning on getting married, too!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I know that you can lose the pounds but the sizes? =/ There's no way of predicting how many pounds lost will equal a size lost and at your weight it may very well take more than 25 lbs. Just try to do what you can and don't stress if it doesn't work out perfectly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    I'm about your size and I've lost around 30 lbs since xmas. And that was only around half to a full size depending on the brand. It's possible, just not probable.

I was only trying to lose 25 lbs and lost 27 and 2 dress sizes in less time (Jan 1 - mid-April). And I didn't even really work that hard at it. Zumba for 45-60 min a day, 5-6 days a week was all it took.

I'd have had to work harder to do it in 2 months, but it's totally possible if one puts their mind to it.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    feel free to add me! i log in every day, i do go over sometimes but that's not the end of the world, i run, cycle and i'm getting married as well :D
  • badgerbabs
    badgerbabs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lordy! all you folks that are putting this poor woman down because she bought a dress 2 sizes too small - do you not recognize that "BOUGHT" is PAST TENSE??? She already owns the dress, so back off! Jeez!

I have faith in you! You have terrific motivation (the wedding, even more than the dress!) and you're reaching out for support. Those are some of the best aids you can have.

I agree with folks who recommend trying to eliminate as much sugar as possible, and with actual sugar I also include white flour, white rice, and potatoes, which basically your body sees as sugar. It doesn't have much to do with calories - although they're all pretty calorie-dense - but with the fact that they can send you (read: me) screaming into binge mode.

Booze is also a stealth weight-loss destroyer. Not only are they empty calories, but it also affects your digestive system to the point that you basically don't burn any of the other calories that you eat along with the booze. It inhibits your weight loss.

You know what exercise works for you - if all you can do is walk, then walk. If you can do more, great.

You can do this!!! That dress is gorgeous, and you are, too!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 220lbs I lost 50lbs in 3 months lifting weights, doing pilates, & minimal cardio. You have to eat healthy though. All your workout will go down the drain if you eat crappy. I am in the same predicament, but I have more time than you do. If you need help/tips message me :wink:
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Dedication, dedication, dedication! That is the key. I bought my wedding dress several months back and had to get it in a size 14. I am now in a size 8 and am having my dress taken in. It is definitely possible if you put your mind to it!!
  • amcshaw
    amcshaw Posts: 13
    Options
    You can do that! Just keep logging, drink water, and exercise. I keep exercise as simple as walking after dinner.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    u can do it ....a lot of cardio workouts and a lot of veggies fruits and water u can get it done.....maybe a lot of juice fasting....its not that healthy for juice fasting but ur guaranteed to lose
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So I bought my wedding dress in January off the rack and it's 2 sizes too small. It's been such a rough go the last few months dealing with by anxiety, depression, and binge eating disorder. I'm happy to say I haven't really gained weight, but I'm still too big to fit into my dress. My fitting is in 2 months, and I think I need to lose about 20-25 pounds. I really don't want to have it taken out if I don't have to.

So I'm needing some friends to help me stay accountable, keep me motivated, and make sure I stay on track. I know this is my responsibility to do this...but sometimes that extra encouragement helps.

I know some people will say it's too much to lose in a short period of time...but i'm almost 250lbs right now...weight seems to fall off me faster the bigger I am. I would love to be 225 for my wedding.

wow i bought mine to fit had it taken int he day before my wedding to be a perfect fit 6 inches! i was 282lb when i got my dress and 224 on my wedding day x