female 5'2'' friends!

Options

Replies

• KryssLee
    KryssLee Posts: 13
    Options
    5'1 here! Started at 155, was down to 140 when I joined (for the second time), Hoping to lose anywhere between another 15-20lbs (I like certain curves the weight gain gave me.. hoping not to lose it too much lol), anyone feel free to add me!
  • saroknight
    saroknight Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'2" my highest weight was 165lbs and I started logging on MFP around 160lbs. Now I am down to around 135 - still looking to loose some more and tone up. Feel free to add me :)
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the shorties out there!
    I'm 5'2" as well and weight 140lbs at the nice age of 30. I'm trying to lose body fat but also trying to gain strength at the same time. I started boot camp classes two days ago and it's kicking my butt! This app/website has been really great in helping me watch what I eat. I'd love to hear your experience as well =)
    -Lei
  • rodeooo
    rodeooo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am looking for some friend as well. I am 5' 2.5" and currently weigh 158. I just turned 56 but everyone says I look 40 and I don't feel like I have even hit my 50's. I have lost 41 lbs so far since January 7th of this year when I started my diet and going to the gym. I like the elliptical and love to walk, I recently started running a little. I usually run one or two blocks then walk one or two. I just keep increasing the running and decreasing the walking. Back in Jan before I started I couldn't even last 2 minutes on the elliptical so this is quite an accomplishment for me. Just proves that if you keep going and don't give up that you will eventually get somewhere.
  • poopinshmicken
    Options
    5'2 1/2" and 165 is that okay? I'd love more friends! I just bought a VS bikini and I'm going to hit the pool at least once a week! I've also started up some fitness classes. Anyone who wants some support, go ahead and add me!

I'll also throw in that my lowest was 145 when I was training for a 25K that spanned 4 mountains. I was pretty much a badass and I MISS THAT BODY! Trying to not be ashamed of going to the gym with the current body I have. :/
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well hey! So cool to see so many short curvy women here. I often feel a bit left out at being dead on 5 ft tall. Currently I'm 67.5kg (148 pounds) and my ultimate goal is 60k (132 pounds) or 22% body fat - whichever comes first. I totally agree with the comments about what a difference extra weight makes on a shorter frame. I think taller women can get away with it a bit more easily.

I do lift weights and work out with a personal trainer twice a week, and at least 3 x a week in my home gym, and weights have made SUCH a difference for me. The comments I get every day about how much weight I've lost are a real motivator.

I find it hard to keep up with the activity on my home page, so maybe we could keep this thread going as a motivator?
  • tarnyacarrier
    tarnyacarrier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2! I have pretty much reached my goal weight now I"m just working on toning up a little more for bathing suit season. I would love to connect with anyone who would like the support and accountability. I love helping people reach their goals because I struggled for a long time trying to reach mine. I finally learned what it takes and would love to pay it forward. Feel free to add me or shoot me a message :) SMILE because you will reach your goals and stress will only hinder your results.

here's a great article on the power of lifting weights! I love metabolic effect! http://www.metaboliceffect.com/a-30-minute-workout-the-keeps-burning-calories-for-2-days/

Tarnya

mom of an almost 11 y/o son and a 5 1/2 year old daughter. Living the crazy busy life trying to juggle work, family, diet and exercise :)
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5'3, and I weigh 154lbs, and I started at 160lbs in March. I have PCOS and hashimotos(thyroid condition). I workout five times a week, I have been doing this for about two months now. I understand that with my thyroid condition, my progress is way slower than other people.
    At gym, I do aerobic exercises with weights and now I have also started group fitness as it motivates me and I end up burning twice as much calories I would do otherwise.
    I never made any friends on mfp, so looking forward to it. Add me if you would like.
  • fawnog13
    fawnog13 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i am 40 years old, 5ft 2 and weigh 207lbs. i want to lose at least 5 stone, im really serious about the weight loss this time. lost 5lb 1st week this is my 2nd week. i do exercise at the gym, at least 4 times a week, zumba twice a week and try to walk at weekend. i have 2 children 15 and 12 and i am married.
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5"2 also weighing 154 currently. I also have a body type and looking for some motivation! I'll send you an add :D
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Looking for someone to motivate each other to lose the last 10 lbs. Currently 106.4....Great day to all of you!
  • htomlin412
    htomlin412 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivation too! I am 5'2'' 142-ish lbs (lowest recently was 139 and some bad choices got me back into the 140's). I gained 30lbs during pregnancy (140 prior to pregnancy) and my daughter is 15mo old. Currently I am breastfeeding my daughter a few times a day still and my daily exercise consists of weight training for 20mins several days per week, elliptical for 20mins several days per week, one 60min boot camp per week, going for long speed walks pushing the stroller and an occasional kickboxing class.
    I would love help to push past 140 and get into the 130s
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and currently weigh 155lbs after losing 2 stone a year or so ago. I've been down to 143 but steadily it keeps creeping back on :embarassed: just starting mfp again after doing ww on and off, more off than on!! I've just come back from 2 weeks in Orlando, hence the 155......I seem to have become addicted to chocolate, ice cream, whipped cream, oreos etc etc so desperately need motivation and friends to help each other.
    Before my hols I went to the gym 4 times a week before work, to do some light cardio and I'd just started using the weight machines, but I've not been back since my holiday and really need to get my backside into gear

feel free to add my anyone who is similar! :flowerforyou:
  • muffinjessica
    muffinjessica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'0.5" inches and 150. Looking to lose 10 pounds to start and go from there. Feel free to add me :)
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-3 if I stand real tall! I've been doing MFP since January and I have reached my target weight of 120. I agree with 10 lbs making a huge difference at our height! I've written about that in my blog. Good luck!
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and just hit 151lbs.. yay me! I started at 171 lbs around march 1st time frame. I am looking to get to 125 to 130 with some muscle tone. I have been doing mostly jillian michael dvd workouts 3 days a week for an hour or so, and I work a fast paced 8 hour a day on my feet job all the other days..lol

Please add me, I am always looking for people to share this journey with and get advice..and bounce ideas off of! thanks!
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2" and had the same starting weight as you! i'm down some now but only weigh myself once a month, so unsure exactly how much. i will add you. i always like having new friends for inspiration.
  • kelleynbrown
    kelleynbrown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'2", and 136. I'm down 4 lbs in a few weeks...not too shabby. Looking for friends, support, and people to give support back to! Add me if you like! :)

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm 5'1 and pretty much the same weight as you! Just bought a HRM as well, I've been going through ups and downs being disappointed with results... but in the end I'm sticking this through! : )
  • BebeStyles1990
    Options
    I'm 5'2, but I've got a good 20lbs on you. I'm always looking for new friends, so you're more than welcome to add me if you like :)