This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    One of the best threads ever! I love seeing all these little tricks. Keep them coming!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Dove's Real Beauty Campaign
    real-beauty-redone.jpg
    (open this image in another tab if your screen doesn't show all the women) Yes, they do photoshop. Its a great example of leaving "structured flaws" they don't remove as many freckles, and they don't seem to cut much fat (rather hide bulges behind other women). But they do shop cellulite, and clean the lines on the face. They were not all taken together, they photographed a few models at a time and pieced them in one group. Notice only some have wind in their hair. There are some funny shadows between the 3rd and 4th suggesting maybe 1-3 and 4-6 were shot different. The 7th and 8th were shot together, though the lighting is just a little off suggesting they may have been a last minute decision to shoot and add. The "wardrobe" is most certainly taped on and clipped in the back so they don't pull in places that would show more tension in soft fleshy parts of the body. They also cleaned out some stray hairs for sure.
    It is lying to you, but I think reflects a natural beauty we feel, maybe that "hair tied chillin with no makeup on" kind of beauty Drake sings about that isn't really captureable by camera. So its up to you if you feel deceived. I still appreciate the message.

Here is some of the models in harsh lighting followed by their ad photo.
    alg-dove-ad-jpg.jpg
    dove.jpeg

Also, the UK ones are very natural with just good lighting. They didn't even alter the whites of the eyes or brighten the color in this one.
    tumblr_mdsbj3tERy1r9lni3.jpg

I still appreciate the message, too! Much better than the usual ads. I was just curious as to how much photoshopping was going on. Unfortunately, they pulled this campaign :(

It looks like the UK was even more honest (not very shocking to me lol).
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I think I read somewhere that the Kardashian Christmas photo is done that way. They are all so busy that they can't get together so they photoshop everyone in. Take a look at one of them and it is pretty obvious.

KARDASHIAN-CHRISTMAS-CARD.jpg

this pic makes me think of the Addams Family... well, at least that's a show (and movie) I watched! :laugh:

Tim-Burtons-The-Addams-Family.jpg

I thought the same thing!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    These are fantastic! Things I would NEVER have noticed! It is also really..motivating? quite a relief?...to know celebs are airbrushed THAT MUCH! I knew they were "fixed" but not necessarily morphed into an unrealistic, unattainable entity.

THIS!!!

I thought I was doing ok and then would get down about certain parts, but stuff that I'm doing brilliant!!!
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Here are some more of the fantastically fake Kardashians

kim-kardashian-family-christmas-card-2011-nick-saglimbeni-492x423.jpg
    Khloe-Kardashian-Christmas-Card-Gallery-8-580x427.jpg
    article-kardashian-christmas-1218.jpg
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Photoshop in food
    There are a lot of weird tricks like the glue in cereal! I'd really have to research it to know all the tricks. But a favorite personal game is to spot food twins. I can always find one, generally they are spread out over a menu, but things like biscuits, fruits, sunny side eggs, glasses of soda, and items in the background, are just stock images they re-use all over the place. At Dennys I can usually find duplicate strawberries, Church's seems to only have about 3 biscuits to take photos of haha. But because they are spread out it's pretty hard to find them online, I'll edit this post if I find one though.
    For uniformity they may use the same "smoothie" glass and only change the color also… tricky tricky.

churchs-chicken-seafood-menu.jpg
    Here in this Church's ad you'll spot some crazy shops too. First, the plates aren't real, they aren't even photos of plates shopped under the items, they are just drawn in. The shadows are way off and don't include the food. The fish and popcorn shrimp were two different images fitted together, the fries behind one aren't even the same color as the one next to it. (lazy editing if you ask me)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgy8i33akg1s405ijo1_250.gif

I'm hypnotized lol. Her boobs look great in the before. She's just cool like dat.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!
  • TiaFerrera
    TiaFerrera Posts: 93
    Options
    #9 Measure proportions
    If you went to art school you learned the 8 head rule. One of the favorite things for GA's to lengthen are necks, legs, arms, torsos, in that order.
    human_proportions.jpg

When they mess with these, funny things happen like:

THE BOBBLE HEAD
    44ce8d1377fa70c641528412474a37cc.jpg
    They make the head bigger to make the body look smaller. (she has been slimmed, but of obvious note is her cleavage, completely drawn in from that angle)

THE PIN HEAD
    1272440210highfashion.jpg
    By thinning the body and shrinking the head they can give a long slender look

THE STICKMAN
    6a00d834a16dcf69e20133ed822b08970b-500wi
    I hope those pantyhose come in regular length.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Super cool!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Fascinating! Bumping for later so I can view all of the images :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :wink: bumpity bump....very interesting.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My sister in law does this to her baby all the time - the pics never look like the baby - it is freaky- but my mother-in-law loves the pics so they keep photoshopping the poor thing!